Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need to vent
Angry 
Need to vent
I just needed to vent....i'm so sick of this routine...I just want to get my machine and start treatment....I found out today that my prescription still hadn't been received by my insurance, it was supposed to have been submitted last wedsday...so after a few phone calls, turns out the sleep tech faxed it to the wrong number, she admitted to the mistake and apologized.  I then asked about getting copies of my results and prescription...turns out they can't give them to me, I have to request them from the hospital that they are affiliated with...that's a whole other headache....I then asked, if she could tell me what machine i was being prescribed...hoping for the Resmed Airsense 10 auto....nope...i'm getting a straight pressure cpap...no auto.  I asked if it was a brick, and she said no, that it was one of the smart ones but just not auto, it is a Resmed Airsense 10...so I think it's the Elite...but with my luck, it's probably the one below that.  I just can't win. I haven't even addressed the issue with a mask..they said it's my choice...i have one in mind, but with the way this is going, the DME probably won't have it.
A man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy" ~ Pres. John F. Kennedy
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need to vent
I'd call my insurance and ask if there is another DME you can use (actually, I've done just that).
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have a report from the sleep test, take it to your normal doctor (or message them, if they have a secure messaging platform) and ask for a PAPER prescription. Then if you get it try vendor #30. They took my insurance and I uploaded image of prescription (scanned at work with copier/scanner/fax). If you upload the image they will usually approve you for purchase in an hour or so. Also, I provided my insurance information prior to getting the prescription (I think it took a day to get the cost/etc from them). I know provider #1 doesn't deal with insurance. No clue on any others, but it can give you something to do to get your equipment.
Post Reply Post Reply
You don't have to HOPE for an auto. Insist on an auto. Call your doctor's office and tell them what machine you want to be prescribed because your insurance company pays the same and you want the auto machine in case your needs change within the next 5 years. Don't settle for less. The hospital has nothing to do with the prescription. Only the doctor. You are getting the major run around. At some point, tell them if you have to take time off of work to personally show up to get the stuff you need, you will be taking your business elsewhere in the future.

I am not a doctor, but given the advanced machines available, the doc should be justifying why a single pressure is being prescribed over an auto-prescription.
Post Reply Post Reply
It may delay things, but get your records. They are yours by law from the health care provider that conducted the tests, made recommendations or provided a prescription. Call your insurance and get a list of in-network providers. Fire this DME. Get the machine you want. Do not accept delivery of something you do not want, or you will be stuck.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I want to echo the above. Do not accept what you don't want to have for the next 5 years.

It's worth the hassle to say "I want an Auto, or I'll take my business elsewhere." You ARE "business". So take it elsewhere if they're not willing to give you the *product* you want. Your prescription covers it, and so does your insurance. The only one who is standing in the way is the DME, and it's only because they know they can make $$$ on it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is optimal respiration rate, minute vent, tidal volume, etc? ATeam91 4 466 01-23-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: ATeam91
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 137 34,795 01-17-2024, 05:37 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
Idea Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more Hydrangea 47 6,416 01-13-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Sick and need to vent cps22 8 550 01-05-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Minute Vent, Tidal Volume, etc. MrIvanDrago 5 702 11-20-2023, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Jay51
Sad [Treatment] Weird Flow Rate/Minute Vent OK Laptop 0 402 10-28-2023, 12:40 AM
Last Post: OK Laptop
  [Equipment] ResMed Quiet Air Diffuser Vent F30 Catherine101 179 36,182 05-06-2023, 11:48 PM
Last Post: Jay Belmont

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.