Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] AHI reading of 0.0??
AHI reading of 0.0??
I have a ResMed S9 Autoset machine. I have gotten an AHI reading of 0.0 the past 2 nights when I've been getting readings between 1.7 and 4.6 before that. When I check to readout on the memory chip, everything else seems to be okay (like usage data, graphs, pressure settings, etc.) Is something wrong with the machine? And if so, what can I do to fix it (other than taking it [/size][/font]in to the tech).

Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI reading of 0.0??
You can try to completely unplug the machine, wait a bit, then plug it back in. I have read that sometimes Resmed machines get "stuck" at 0.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2012, 04:57 PM)Graywolf Wrote: I have a ResMed S9 Autoset machine. I have gotten an AHI reading of 0.0 the past 2 nights when I've been getting readings between 1.7 and 4.6 before that. When I check to readout on the memory chip, everything else seems to be okay (like usage data, graphs, pressure settings, etc.) Is something wrong with the machine? And if so, what can I do to fix it (other than taking it [/size][/font]in to the tech).

Thanks for your help.
welcome to the forum

unplug the machine from power wall outlet ... wait for a while and plug back ... it should get sorted out

if you,re checking the data on the machine screen ... it resets to zero at noon but you should able to see the data in the advanced sleep quality report night before (until you go sleep again) and other periods
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Graywolf,
WELCOME! to the forum! and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your help. I unplugged the unit, waited about 10 seconds, and plugged it in. Hopefully it will work tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had 0.0 readings about 4 times in the 2 months I've been using my S9, but never on consecutive nights even though I hadn't unplugged the power cord from the power point.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had zero AHI on some days but don,t recall feeling any better
Its not possible to get zero AHI or leak every night
AHI below 5 is good and some unintentional leak is acceptable
Post Reply Post Reply
Also check that the time is set correctly on your machine. My DME didn't bother to set the time at all so when I first got it I had some screwy results when I downloaded the data until I changed the time on the unit.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2012, 04:57 PM)Graywolf Wrote: I have a ResMed S9 Autoset machine. I have gotten an AHI reading of 0.0 the past 2 nights when I've been getting readings between 1.7 and 4.6 before that. When I check to readout on the memory chip, everything else seems to be okay (like usage data, graphs, pressure settings, etc.) Is something wrong with the machine? And if so, what can I do to fix it (other than taking it [/size][/font]in to the tech).

Thanks for your help.

I had an AHI reading of 0.0 two nights in a row and then had readings of 5.8 and 3.5 the next two nights. I unplug my machine every day since it isn't plugged into a surge protector. I wouldn't worry about it unless you had a string of 0.0 nights.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 20 988 03-08-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  Help with reading OSCAR and adjusting settings deirdrepen 2 237 01-24-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Help reading Oscar Charts Wisurid 3 385 12-25-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 478 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Would like some help reading my OSCAR data dynamo 13 669 12-08-2023, 11:38 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Low Tidal Volume reading rhwoe 8 741 12-04-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: rhwoe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.