Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP/ASV and nasal congestion, better filters?
CPAP/ASV and nasal congestion, better filters?
Lately I have been waking with nasal congestion so bad that I can’t breathe. I change the filter on my Resmed 10, clean my Quatro FFM  but still having this congestion. I am not allergic to anything but cats. I understand that congestion is due to partials in the air. So I wonder if there is a better filter I can add to my ASV to remove these allergens? (Assuming that is what it is). This is new the last 2 weeks. Anyone else experiencing nasal congestion ( no running nose, just stuffed up at night). I have not had a good night sleep for a while.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP/ASV and nasal congestion, better filters?
I don't have any advice on your filter and don't recommend trying to modify the filter. It is a good idea to regularly replace the filter (once a month). I personally use Flonase to keep my nose and sinuses clear. I have had great results. Flonase is a steroid so you should ask your doctor if it is appropriate for you. But, you can purchase it over the counter and I use it once daily 1 hour before bed. One shot in each nostril. I too have a mixed lot of allergies.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
A change in the humidity settings adding more or turning off can also help congestion (But which varies from person to person)
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you using Resmed BRAND filters? Or knockoffs? The brand name filters are much more effective, but do seem to do a good job.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last few weeks is likely to be pollen more than anything else.
Try taking something that will help with pollen to see if this helps.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 92 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  nasal congestion relief sleepingbetterinFl 2 158 03-23-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 321 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 149 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 391 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 865 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.