Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP]  Adjustment
RE: Adjustment
(10-28-2016, 03:19 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You are in good company with the need to use a machine at night. Nothing to be sad about. It is normal after some time, and it makes life a lot easier to use it.

I was last in Bogota in 1978 when El Edificio Avianca burned. I was an exchange student at the time and lived south of the city Calle 111. I loved the countryside around Bogota, even if the names were a challenge. I actually got to fly into El Choco on a plane owned by a gold mining firm. Amazing experience in la selva for a week. I was pretty young at the time, and learned about Aguardiente for the first time.

I am Spanish, but living work in Colombia 18 years ago. Nice friendly country and the people, now I just have to understand that my life has changed, difficult to understand for me, I guess it's a matter of time. Huh
Post Reply Post Reply

My doctor tells me that four days are few to assess whether there are central apneas. So far the body is getting used to the new system and must spend about 15 days to assess the situation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jmleon,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I know this is something for you to get used to and I'm sorry it makes you sad, but it does get better over time, I want to encourage you to stick with it.
I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Your doctor's reply seems unusual as you had a lot of central apneas on your sleep test too. These CPAP machines can induce some central apneas and those often do go away with time. However, you have a lot more than I would expect to see for machine induced central apneas.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] New to CPAP/APAP looking for Adjustment tips jster71 2 305 02-16-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 219 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Comfortable adjustment with Evora FFM Columbiabill 3 430 12-15-2023, 10:38 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Titration Help/Next Adjustment Advice arch 4 540 10-09-2023, 01:31 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  What AirCurve 10 ASV adjustment makes it easier to exhale against pressure? DevinJones 12 1,226 05-12-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  New to CPAP — settings adjustment rjbutler 8 833 04-02-2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Adjustment recommendations RacerX31 3 490 02-28-2023, 12:49 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.