Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

So you managed to get some sleep – How did you know
So you managed to get some sleep – How did you know
 So like many people who suffer from Sleep Apnea I use a ResMed 10 machine and face mask.

I have the OSCAR report app installed on my computer along with wearing a smart watch while sleeping at night time + an Android sleep recording app on my mobile phone. 

Currently I’m using a Phillips NuancePro nasal mask and I tape my mouth. 

Last night ( August 20 ) the OSCAR report showed the mask wearing duration as being 6 hours 16 Minuets.

Now here’s where I’m getting confused, last night ( August 20 ) during that time I was in bed I feel that I never really fully slept that well .

I was moving around in bed and several time ( tossing and turning ) also I looked at the digital bed side clock many times . When I awoke the following morning overall I felt like I did not sleep well the following night ( August 20 ) 

The OSCAR report does not show the actual length of time that you were actually asleep for, only the duration that a mask was worn and the events .

The Smart watch shows that I was asleep for 6 Hours and 6 Minuets on August 20 .

On my Android mobile phone I have an app called ‘’ Sleep as Android ‘’ and that reported that I slept for 6 Hours 3 Minuets on August 20.

So here’s my thoughts, I know in my mind that during my time in bed on the evening of August 20 
I did not feel like I slept that well.

I suppose the thing I’m saying is that what I’m being shown by my smart watch and the Android app , does not really make sense because I was moving around in bed ( tossing and turning ) and several times I looked at the digital bed side clock , and on waking up the next morning I felt that I did in fact not sleep for the duration shown and still felt very tired. 

So I was wondering how others with sleep apnea track and confirm when you actually were asleep , not just you had a feeling like you went to sleep or you thought you may have gone to sleep ,  but how did you for sure actually know that you went to sleep. 

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 108 Yesterday, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 3 188 Yesterday, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 230 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 264 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,429 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 846 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,068 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.