Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Advice for buying new machine and mask
RE: Advice for buying new machine and mask
I doubt that one nights data would convince me to make any change. Probably just watch it for a trend. JMHO
Cheers,
otrpu
Love your family, treat your friend(s) well, and don't waste your time. Everything else is just so much BS. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi thebottomclef,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I would get an APAP for the same reasons mentioned in other posts, and if you don’t like the auto feature, you can always set it to straight CPAP.
If you like the brand of machine you are using now, stick with it, Respironics is a good brand of machine.
Good luck to you on your machine decision, much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I just recently purchased a 'gently used' S9 AutoSet machine from Supplier #2, and since I paid out of pocket I am pleased with both the machine and the price I paid. Good Luck to you as you decide which machine to get.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys for all the feedback. On another note. I'm thinking about getting another mirage quattro. It gave me the least leaks but dug into the bridge of my nose. After a year or two the dial on it broke so I moved on to a different mask because the nearby supplier didn't carry it.
For those that have dealt with pressure on the bridge of the nose, do you find that moving up a size would work without sacrificing the seal?
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok! So I decided to splurge and got the Dreamstation Auto CPAP. I never want to be cheap when it comes to something this important. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works. I'll let you guys know!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2016, 06:00 PM)thebottomclef Wrote: Ok! So I decided to splurge and got the Dreamstation Auto CPAP. I never want to be cheap when it comes to something this important. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works. I'll let you guys know!
Hi thebottomclef,
CONGRATULATIONS on your new machine and I hope you like it. It will be good to hear of your progress.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 250 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,783 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 77 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 786 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.