Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best full face mask
Best full face mask
Which full face masks have the fewest leaks and the best seal?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best full fave mask
(06-06-2015, 04:14 PM)Sharon1225 Wrote: Which full face masks have the fewest leaks and the best seal?
This a toughie, what works for one may not work for someone else and vice versa

The best mask is the one that works for best for you
The right size and fitting correctly is important
Try as many as you can ... trial and error

While back, I wanted to have full face mask as a backup
Tried 3 different masks, F&P SimPlus, ResMed Quattro Air and AirFit
Quattro Air seem to be better than the rest, but really cannot make full face mask works, no matter how much tried
Back to the nasal mask and chinstrap combo, works for me
Everyone is different

BTW, what machine and mask are you using right now

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best full fave mask
It depends. But start out by the latest generation masks. They are supposed to hover on your face and don't need to be tightened too much. They are

Resmed Airfit F10.
Resmed Quattro Air
Fisher & Paykel Simplus.

If none of them work, then you can try older gen masks : Resmed Mirage Quattro, everything by Respironics etc. etc.

Although, if you are starting out with therapy, I recommend you try a nasal pillow mask first. It's easier to make that work than an FFM. Resmed P10 is great. I initially started with an Airfit F10 ffm and it worked well for me. I was under the impression that I am a mouth breather. But after sampling the P10, turns out I am a nasal breather after all. And as an added bonus, my pressure need is less on the P10. Ultimately, most people finally come to the P10. Resistance is futile!!
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best full face mask
You'll find it is highly dependent on the individual. I've tried a bunch and found them to be good...but I personally found I get the best treatment (lowest leaks and AHI) with a total face mask (think more like a gas mask vs. a fighter pilot mask). As in all things, YMMV Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The FFM that works the best for YOU... it is extremely subjective and depends on the shape of your face, how you sleep etc...

For me a stomach sleeper with a beard, my primary mask is a Quattro Air which I use most of the time. Occasionally I switch to an F&P Flexfit 432 which fits differently but has a higher leak rate (the mask not from actual leaks around the face). Both sit on my face differently with the Air more centered around my mouth and the 432 larger fitting under my chin.
[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2015, 05:19 PM)zonk Wrote: The best mask is the one that works for best for you

(06-07-2015, 08:42 AM)krelvin Wrote: The FFM that works the best for YOU...

I agree. It's like asking a mom which kid they like the best.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 452 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,457 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 679 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 366 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 417 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 581 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 155 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.