Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Air leak from the mouth
RE: Air leak from the mouth
(02-24-2021, 07:48 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Good job!  

I would suggest leaving the max alone
Min=8
EPR ON set to 3

That should help with a more peaceful night and hopefully you will be able to use it for a longer time. 

Post again tomorrow.

How to change these two values? I cannot see them in the options menu.
How about "Pressure relief off" should turn it to "on"?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a users manual you can download on this site. Also you can search on YouTube for your machine and Clinicians menu. 

I will tell you how to get to the clinicians menu. The round button on the front of the machine and the home button on the front are held down at the same time for about 7 seconds. That puts you into the menu. 

Once in the menu use the round button and go to what you want to change (min) push the round button. Select the value you want and PRESS the round button to lock in your selection 

Do that again for EPR and turn it on and then choose 3 lock in that choice

After you have made the changes press the home button. At the top of the screen it will allow you to exit conditions menu. 

Or if that doesn’t make sense or doesn’t work go to YouTube and watch someone do it.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to say you need to set it to autoset. Same way
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
The raising of the pressure didn't help. I mentioned in my post, probably the decrease could help. After 2 hours I wake up with a dry mouth again. I am thankful for your help but I think you led me in the wrong direction.
Post Reply Post Reply
could you post last nights oscar?
Post Reply Post Reply
After the wake-up, I turned on the Pressure relief (basic menu). I think I slept better. 
Attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
What is the function of the button Pressure Relief? Does it actually turn on and off the EPR feature?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you look at your statistics in the left column, you will see the increase in pressure was almost nonexistent.  The night before 7.00 last night 7.58 but you slept with cpap the first night about 2 hours and last night 7 hours.  That is significant.  I'm sorry it did not impact your dry mouth!  But it did help with your therapy.

Your dry mouth is most likely do to air coming out of your mouth.  That is something many people have a problem with, myself included.  I have gone to a full face mask to help (and it does help a lot) but still wake up about 3 times a night and take a sip of water and go back to sleep.

What we do see is that you have more central apnea.  To help with that I would lower the EPR to 2 and the min to 7 and see how tonight goes.  It will probably not help the dry mouth but give you  better sleep quality.
Post Reply Post Reply
That turns on and off the EPR option.  This is a quote I found:
Quote:Pressure relief on the ResMed AirSense 10 allows individuals to adjust air pressure during exhalation for greater comfort during therapy.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR is exhale pressure relief.  All it does is changes the min pressure (exhale) down by the set number.  So if your min is set at 8 with a EPR at 3, your exhale would be at 5.  Making it easier to breath out because you are pushing air out against the pressure of the cpap.

EPR helps with Hypopneas and flow limits but it causes NEW users more central apnea (in some people).  IF you look at your first OSCAR you high flow limits (flow limits are just small apnea) and the EPR helped those, which should have made it easier to sleep.  But again you got centrals.  That is why I wanted you to go down one on the EPR for tonight.

Cpap is not a magic bullet and as soon as you strap it on all is well.  You really have to see how you react to settings.  We can do that here in one night or take a week or so before the results are sent from the DME to a Dr and relayed back to get new settings.  So working on it here takes much less time to get to better therapy.  And again, you did sleep 7 hours with it on instead of a couple.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 31 7 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 372 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 239 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 316 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.