Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] AirSense 10 Auto Set Pressure
Hello all, I just received a new ResMed air sense 10 auto set cpap. My pressure is set at 4 Min. 10 Max. During the night the pressure seems is so high it is hard to keep my mouth closed, it is set on auto ramp if that helps. Any thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be worth downloading SleepyHead and seeing what is causing your pressure to increase. The Autoset will not increase pressure unless there are obstructive issues like snoring, flow limitation hypopnea or OA. The starting pressure of 4 is probably a bit low if anything. What EPR settings are you using? Get the software, figure out how bad your leak rate is, and what is causing pressure to increase. Containing pressure is mostly a matter of keeping the tongue sucked in along the roof of your mouth. Air leaks make it feel like the pressure is higher than it actually is.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool 
Thanks for the reply, EPR is on all, I saw the option of 1 ( Is there more?)
My report reported 0 leaks, but I'm sure the pressure was more than 10.0.
Post Reply Post Reply

EPR can be set to 1, 2, 3 or off. Higher numbers represent more pressure relief. A setting of 1 is 1-cmH2O pressure relief. A setting of 3 is 3-cm relief.
Post Reply Post Reply
4 would make me feel like I was suffocating, because 7 did. I also turned off ramping.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the help !
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Autoset 90 percentile pressure vs. Titration study pressure CDNHoser 12 239 10-19-2017, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pressure at altitude vs. pressure at lower elevations...? S.L. Ping Beauty 19 280 10-17-2017, 09:36 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Airsense 10 increasing pressure while I'm awake Reznik 13 304 10-07-2017, 05:05 PM
Last Post: okie bipap
  AirSense 10 auto for Her versus airsense S10 auto car54 1 175 09-28-2017, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  I changed my resmed AirSense 10 Autoset to auto jasonarmstrong 6 429 09-20-2017, 12:29 PM
Last Post: jasonarmstrong
Question [Pressure] New ResMed Airsense 10 Pressure Problem spookyac47 5 345 09-16-2017, 03:44 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [Equipment] Viscious cycle of increased pressure -> more leak -> response of more pressure 3mp0w3r 5 258 09-16-2017, 09:04 AM
Last Post: OpalRose