Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] AirSense 10 Heated Hose
AirSense 10 Heated Hose
I have the ResMed AirSense 10 Elite. In either Auto or Manual humidity modes, the heated hose warms up (it feels warm to the touch) for a couple minutes when the machine is first turned on, but thereafter the hose no longer feels warm, and neither does the air that I breath through the mask (and never does even later). I assume it is broken, but maybe it is on some long slow cycle? How is it supposed to work?

I've checked the hose connection carefully and it's fine.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 Heated Hose
The hose is not for heating the air, it is to keep the inside of the plastic warmer than the are in the hose and insulate it from a colder room. This stops rainout in the hose.

The temperature is set by the humidity setting, to get higher humidity, you need warmer water. And from the other side you cannot get warmer air without raising the humidity unless you don't put water in the tank.

To feel warmth, what you are feeling must be warmer than you skin or nose. I don't think you really want the air warmer than your body temperature, perhaps but breathing 100+ degree air is a little warm. It is quite difficult to judge temperature of blowing air because of the wind chill factor and evaporation, this is why a fan makes us cooler without actually cooling the air.

You want to know the temperature use a thermometer.

The humidity and temperature are very closely connected, you cannot change one without changing the other. If your room is on the cold side and you have six feet of hose, then without a heated hose the air can cool quite a bit between the machine and your mask. Besides making the air feel cooler, this cooling effect is what causes rainout.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 Heated Hose
Thanks this helps me a lot to understand better.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 950 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 355 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.