Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] AirTouch F20 lasts 28 days
RE: AirTouch F20 lasts 28 days
Tlippy et al - How are you cleaning the memory foam?

I have an oily face, so I think I'll *need* to be cleaning the memory foam daily. But mine didn't come with any directions, so I don't know how to clean it. Right now I'm using a moistened microfiber cloth, and am wiping it down.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I'm remembering right, I've heard mask wipes can be used. Baby wipes being similar would work too IMO.

And memory foam and silicone cushions are interchangeable on the frame.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
With the Airfit 20 use dawn detergent to clean it once a day the mask part only (or another dish soap) and should easily last over 6 months.
On Ebay you can pick up new one for around $22-25
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2018, 09:09 PM)purpleh2 Wrote: With the Airfit 20 use dawn detergent to clean it once a day the mask part only (or another dish soap) and should easily last over 6 months.
On Ebay you can pick up new one for around $22-25

We are not talking about the airfit mask but the memory foam Airtouch mask which you should not get wet.

Mask or baby wipes are best, some users have used mask liners to extend pillow life.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, my mistake I read it wrong I was just replying to  Hydranger, where he order a Airfit BUT RECEIVED airtouch and talking about maintenance
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2018, 09:53 AM)purpleh2 Wrote: Sorry, my mistake I read it wrong I was just replying to  Hydranger, where he order a Airfit BUT RECEIVED airtouch and talking about maintenance

I'm wondering how to clean the memory foam.

Looks like the moistened microfiber cloth will work (if others are using wipes).
Post Reply Post Reply
For over 10 years I was using the ResMed Ultra Mirage full face mask sometimes letting a cushion get 3 months old before replacing
and never had one rip. But a year ago I tried the airfit f20 and at just a couple of days over the 30 day mark it ripped right at the bridge
of the nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
The first cushion I had lasted 4 months before Ichanged it. had a tear right at the bridge of the nose that caused me to change it.
So far on the second cushion, I have made it last longer by just wiping it down with wipes .
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Just saying my Air Touch is 6 months old and going strong On The SHELF. Too-funny
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your skin is oily, you might have luck with the RemZZZs as a barrier.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 6 232 7 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,243 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 151 04-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 149 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Worried about insurance requirement to see doctor within 90 days NewlyDiagnosed 9 257 04-10-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 691 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 256 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.