Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Airsense 10 faulty
Airsense 10 faulty
Hello ApneaBoard Members,

Back in May'17 I bought Airsense 10 Autoset and PR WISP Nasal Mask. 

Since then I have been using it but I have noticed that Airsense 10's SmartStart feature only works for starting the machine.

When I put on the mask the machine automatically starts within 4 to 5 seconds.

But if I remove the mask in the morning the machine continues to work instead of switching off. 

I don't know weather my Airsense 10 is faulty or AS10+WISP is a bad combination.

Please help
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 faulty
How long are you letting the machine run after you take the mask off?  Does it run and not stop at all or are you manually shutting it down.  If you are manually shutting down, give the machine some time to realize that you are not still wearing the mask, it will take several seconds at least 10.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know that it takes some time to detect the lack of breathing.  But it runs endlessly after removing the mask
Post Reply Post Reply
Check and make sure you you have the correct mask selected in setup.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2017, 08:38 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Check and make sure you you have the correct mask selected in setup.

Yes. I have the correct mask in setup.
Post Reply Post Reply
The following is from the ResMed Manual:

SmartStart is enabled, but the device does not automatically stop when the patient removes their mask.

Incompatible mask being used.

Only use equipment recommended by ResMed.

Contact ResMed or see resmed on the internet for more
information.

If the patient is using a nasal pillows mask with set pressure
less than 7 cm H2O, SmartStart will not work and should be disabled.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,184 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] I think my ResMed Airsense 10 machine is faulty – Can any one please help . BangkokBoy 13 1,969 09-28-2023, 06:50 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Could My Aircurve 10 ASV Be Faulty From New? Trevor G 7 833 05-14-2023, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Trevor G
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,626 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,490 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  DOWNLOADING DATA FROM AIRSENSE 10 to AIRSENSE 11 Sleepyguy39 1 1,115 10-21-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.