Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Which should I buy?
This poll is closed.
Airsense 10 without cellular
85.71%
12 85.71%
Airsense 11
14.29%
2 14.29%
Wait for some more time
0%
0 0%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[CPAP] Airsense 10 without wireless vs Airsense 11
Question 
Airsense 10 without wireless vs Airsense 11
My s9 Autoset is now 6 years old and I am in the market for a new Automatic CPAP. I love ResMed and the choice is between the Airsense 10 and 11.

A prominent "family owned" DME is now offering the Airsense 10 without wireless capabilities (without the cellular modem). It does come with an SD Card though.
They are selling it at $813.

The Airsense 11 at the same site is going for $1599.

Given that I am paying for the machine on my own (no insurance) and that I am not going to be sending my data anywhere except for personal analysis via OSCAR, I am in a dilemma.

Is the Airsense 11 really worth double the stripped down version of the Airsense 10?

Any opinions or suggestions about these machines?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 without wireless vs Airsense 11
I assume you read the comparison of the 10 vs 11 at [DME Link Removed] Supplier #1

My 10 is now over 5 or 6 years old, so I think I'm due for replacement.    The 10 and 11 look pretty similar maybe the 11 a tad smaller and has touch screen.      For a just a couple of hundred dollars difference, and since it's going to be attached to my face every night, I'm leaning towards the newer 11.     I think my insurance may cover some of the cost but insurance always confuses me with CPAP coverage and DME.  

$1599 seems to high.  (that's [DME Link Removed] Supplier #1 , LOL)       
Here's an Airsense 11 for only $999,  [DME Link Removed] Supplier #3
Google for more pricing:   https://www.google.com/search?q=airsense+11

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
No one here has seen the "Card to Cloud" version of the A10. The OSCAR team assumes it is compatible with OSCAR but we have not see a data set to prove it.

Ast your DME if you can Trial the A10 for 1 night to prove that it has accessible detailed data as all other A10 AutoSets have and if so you will take it,

The OSCAR team wants a copy of an SD card for these new models of the AutoSet.
Post Reply Post Reply
Notwithstanding Gideon's important note above, I'd go with the A10. It's an extremely proven device and you'll get the latest firmware sleep algorithms – not that they’ve changed that much in recent years since the A10 has been out for so long. Not only are you paying ½ the price, but you can take advantage of the extensive after-market products (filters, replacement parts, etc.) available for it at prices much lower than the equivalent A11. If you didn’t have to self-pay, I might think differently.

In 2-3 years, I believe the price of the A11 will likely come down in price anyway – perhaps to the current price of the A10 (though one never knows with inflation). Even though the A10 is said in the comparison to not have the “for her” comfort algorithm (unless ordering that specific model), the current firmware version does have the Soft setting in the Comfort Response which might be of additional comfort to some.

Your lungs won’t notice the difference in looks between the A10 and A11, unless someone experienced with the A11 knows otherwise.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2022, 12:17 PM)JohnReam Wrote: I assume you read the comparison of the 10 vs 11 at  [DME Link Removed] Supplier #1
$1599 seems to high.  (that's [DME Link Removed] Supplier #1 pricing, LOL)      
Here's an Airsense 11 for only $999,  [DME Link Removed] Supplier #3

I did Google the reviews and the DMEs. The Autoset version from cpapsupplyusa is actually $1199 (add $200 for the Autoset).
The problem is that I am now based in Dubai. The Airsense 11 is only out in the US now. My friend is coming over in a couple of weeks and he will bring it to me.
Only [DME Link Removed] Supplier #1 replied to my query about stock. The other DMEs didn't bother to reply. So I really do not know if they have the 11 in ready stock or it is in pre-order.
I cannot do a pre-order as I need it delivered in two weeks for my friend to bring over with him.

(06-27-2022, 12:36 PM)Gideon Wrote: No one here has seen the "Card to Cloud" version of the A10.
Ast your DME if you can Trial the A10 for 1 night to prove that it has accessible detailed data as all other A10 AutoSets have and if so you will take it,

That would have been a great idea, if not for the fact that I am not in the US now.

(06-27-2022, 01:54 PM)WakeUpTime Wrote: Notwithstanding Gideon's important note above, I'd go with the A10.
In 2-3 years, I believe the price of the A11 will likely come down in price anyway...
Your lungs won’t notice the difference in looks between the A10 and A11, unless someone experienced with the A11 knows otherwise.

This is exactly what I want to know from any end users who may have used both. Is there any discernable difference in the treatment outcomes between these two models.
The warning about the SD card compatibility with OSCAR is well taken.

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as I know, there is no difference in the treatment algotrithms, so take whichever you can get.

As for any problems with card compatibility (which I don't foresee), I am confident that we will sort things out as soon as we get some sample data cards.

I doubt that any of the US modems will work in Dubai, so you will be card to OSCAR no matter what.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
@pholynyk: Thank you. That makes complete sense.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, 
I am new user to the Alena Board Forum, but have been a reader of the forum for awhile now. I am getting a new A10 C2C machine to replace my existing A10. I should have it in about a week. I use a SD card now to record the data to OSCAR, and will try this out on the new C2C. I can send you a copy of the SD card if you want, so you can test it out as well. I will use a new SD card for the C2C.

Is this what you’re looking for? Where do I send the files?
Post Reply Post Reply
I too am about to pull the trigger on a new A10 C2C (hopefully tomorrow if I can figure out all of the insurance stuff); my current CPAP device is nearly 15 years old and has been one of the main reasons why I'm still alive given how bad my apnea was (and probably still is). When I got my current machine in 2007 nobody told me they're only supposed to last 5(ish) years; it wasn't until I found this site last year I learned that little fact. I've been holding out for a new DreamStation GO because my job will be putting me back on the road soon; yeah, not holding my breath for Philips, so a new machine for my home which is much more portable than my old Respironics REMstarPro M Series has, just within the last few days, become a bit anemic on airflow.

Long story short, like @RobS said, I'd be happy to provide an SD card for analysis once I've used the device for a few days.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update...

After spending over an hour on the phone with my insurance company (Anthem Blue Cross) and various in-network DMEs, I gave up my quest to have insurance pay for (part of) my new CPAP.  Why?  A combination of reasons:
  • I still have a nearly $400 remaining in my annual deductible limit and would still need to pay 20% of the remaining costs (about another $130) for a total of about $530; over half of the cost of the CPAP and new mask.
  • Not a single local in-network DME within 100 miles of me has any inventory, none, zip, zilch, nada.
  • Per the DMEs I talked with, the soonest a machine could be delivered to me, a machine of unknown make and model, would be "six to seven weeks; maybe longer".
  • My 2007 vintage CPAP seems to produce less pressure than the day before; who knows how much longer the unit would even be serviceable (may would say it has long since ceased to be serviceable).
With the above in mind I called various online retailers and found Supplier #1 has the AirSense 10 Card-to-Cloud model in stock; I instantly bit the bullet and paid for it directly from my HSA.  I just got a shipping confirmation E-Mail stating the equipment should arrive this Thursday, so worst case, if my current machine does go Tango Uniform, I'll only be without for a day or three.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 79 11 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Airsense 10 run hours??? eok361 5 133 Yesterday, 08:13 PM
Last Post: eok361
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,459 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 vs Airsense 10 Thomas021923 13 352 04-17-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Thomas021923
  Help Getting Used to the AirSense 10 daleykd 4 143 04-16-2024, 11:19 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Do you take out the Tube Outlet Connector in the Airsense 11 to clean? dharma2255 7 184 04-16-2024, 10:03 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 138 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.