Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Airsense 11 filters
RE: Airsense 11 filters
I received the filters I ordered from Supplier 38 today!

What I ordered:  
  • (2) Standard Air 11 filters, 3rd party brand "Spirit Medical" (not Resmed).
  • (2) Hypoallergenic Air 11 filters, 3rd party brand "Spirit Medical" (not Resmed).
I ordered the 3rd party brand because that was the only offering on the supplier's website.   Looking a few minutes ago, the Resmed branded filters still don't appear on their website.

What I received:  
  1. (2) Resmed branded Air 11 Standard Filters, #39300, each in a sealed Resmed bag! 
  2. (2) AeroFlow branded Air 11 Hypoallergenic Filters, #CF-39304-1, each in a sealed AeroFlow bag.
The Standard filters are identical to the original filter in my AS11 Auto.  Not much else to say, they are original Resmed filters.

The 3rd party Hypoallergenic filters are the correct size, appear well made, and were packaged well.  Visually, they appear "denser" than the Standard filters, but of course I have no way to test them for particulate size blocking.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to hear!  I ordered 5 of the Hypoallergenic ones from the same place 3 days ago, nice to know they're correct!
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's a visual comparison of the two filter types I got, photographed with a usb microscope on a RED background.  Lighting is from the top only.

First, the Resmed brand standard filter, #39300:

Next, the AeroFlow brand hypoallergenic filter, #CF-39304-1, on the same RED background.  (This is a 3rd-party equivalent of Resmed's hypoallergenic #39304):

There's quite a difference...  The fibers appear similar, but just a lot more of them in the hypoallergenic version.  
The standard filter appears designed mainly to keep small animals out.  Grin

I like the idea of keeping the air cleaner, both for my nose/lungs AND for the machine itself, including buildup on turbine over years of use.  But of course that will come with some additional load on the motor.  There are several threads here on ApneaBoard with opinions and discussion of pros/cons, so a search will turn up quite a bit of reading to help decide.
Post Reply Post Reply
Coming from a DreamStation world...and having BAA (Bad-Ass Asthma)...and having two cats, I was always using the additional, fine filter that fit over the primary one.  I want to continue using the finest filter I can.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just compared the original filter that came in my AS11 to the two in my previous post.  

The original filter in my AS11 is far thicker (visibly "fluffier") and far denser than the "Resmed Standard 39300" filters I just got.  It definitely isn't a Resmed Standard 39300.  It *may* be one of Resmed's Hypoallergenic #39304, but I haven't yet been able to purchase one of those to compare.

Compared to the 3rd party AeroFlow Hypoallergenic, the original AS11 filter is about the same density, but noticeably thicker/fluffier than the AeroFlow.

I assumed the AS11 would have shipped with a Resmed Standard 39300, but definitely not.  The original filter may be a Resmed Hypoallergenic #39304, or it may be something else entirely,

Here's a pic of the original that came with my machine.  Please disregard the visible dirt -- its been in use for ~30 days.

Post Reply Post Reply
After some more comparison,  and having examined the "Resmed Standard 39300" filters (also sold as 39001, 39002 in 2/12 packs) -- I would recommend against them.  They are a very open weave, far less dense than the original filter supplied with the AS11.  They might stop an elephant from getting into your machine, but not much of anything smaller.  Seriously, they are a very light weave, very thin, unlikely to stop even much dust, and certainly not anything like pollen.

The 3rd party "AeroFlow" hypoallergenic filters I received look adequate.  They don't look quite as good as the filter which came with my AS11, but pretty good.  That's what I plan to use now.

I will be watching for availability of the Resmed Hypoallergency (39004, or 39005/39006 in 2/12 pack) to compare them.  Hopefully they are a similar thickness/density as the original filter which came installed in the new AS11.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was watching a Youtube video where the uploader, Nick said the AirSense 11 (like the 10)'s filter is so tiny and only 75% effective. Compare that to many other CPAP manufacturer's filters where they are larger and more than 90% effective. Just think about all the dust we're breathing in that makes up that 25% ineffectiveness?

I know one only CPAP distributor sells non OEM filters for the 10 and they are smaller than the OEMs. They say it's fine. But of course, they're not the one's using the machine and want you to buy a new one when the motor seizes from the dust et al.
Post Reply Post Reply
My sleep doctor recommended the hypo-allergenic filters over the standard filters and when compared (with one-month similar usage), the HA filter seemed grayer when compared with the standard filter on a sheet of white paper. 

I was curious about what happens if I used a second filter. The outer filter was as gray as the single filter, the inner filter had an undetectable color difference from a new control filter. As for air pressure and resistance, there was no difference on my manometer. The only detectible difference was with an external filter in the system (from my S8 days) and there was a detectible pressure drop at the mask. Why ResMed includes an AB setting. 

I am using Sunset products rather than the ResMed product. I get 6 filters every three months and change them every two weeks.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I also am having trouble finding filters.

I have to wonder if cutting down S9 filters is a good idea. They are denser and larger - that probably gives the same airflow overall as the smaller and less dense AS11 filter but if you cut and S9 filter down you now have a smaller and denser filter than what was intended. I would wonder if that gives proper airflow.

Supposedly my DME will send me some in a week or so but I may have to wash and reuse.  This supply chain crap is getting old. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2021, 10:32 AM)PAPAstro Wrote: I also am having trouble finding filters.

I have to wonder if cutting down S9 filters is a good idea. They are denser and larger - that probably gives the same airflow overall as the smaller and less dense AS11 filter but if you cut and S9 filter down you now have a smaller and denser filter than what was intended. I would wonder if that gives proper airflow.

Supposedly my DME will send me some in a week or so but I may have to wash and reuse.  This supply chain crap is getting old. Sad

Lincare, my DME supplier, sent me 2 filters last week.  They were made by Spirit Medical and not by ResMed.  Seems like from what I see you can't find the original ResMed anywhere.  These Spirit Medical ones are the same that you can buy yourself on [DME Link Removed] Supplier #38

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 186 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 172 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 1,033 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,383 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] Cleaning filters bookwyrmtoo 2 413 12-20-2023, 09:45 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Filters in general and the ResMed 11 Cpapian 3 881 06-25-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Melman
  DreamStation 2 Filters & DME's StratCat48 2 537 04-19-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: StratCat48

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.