Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Airsense 11 filters
RE: Airsense 11 filters
My DME also sends me Spirit Medical filters. In all honesty, these filters are well made, don't shred and are not thin. I believe they work as well as any.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME sent me the Resmed-branded "Standard" Airsense11 filters. As mentioned earlier in this thread, they are very thin, open-weave filters.

The "Aeroflow" brand "Ultrafine" filters I acquired are manufactured by Spirit Medical (these are apparently available from multiple suppliers under different in-house names). That's what I'm using now. They fit perfectly and are much thicker/denser than the Resmed "Standard" but are not quite as thick/dense as the filter that came factory-installed in my AS11.

I still want to see what the Resmed-branded "Ultrafine" filter looks like. That *may* be what was factory-installed in my AS11. But I haven't been able to find the Resmed-branded Ultrafine filters (p/n 39304, 39305, 39306) anywhere yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found a supplier that sells the Spirit Medical Hypoallergenic filters (CF-39304-2) for the AS11, for $0.92/2-pack, but they are not listed on the supplier list. Is there a way I can "suggest" a supplier site to see if they merit being on the supplier list? At this price (lower than I have seen elsewhere), I am not sure how reliable the site is, and I don't want to post the site name, so as not to violate forum rules.
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, those are the Resmed model numbers for the standard filters.  Here are the model numbers for the Resmed Hypoallergenic filters for the Airsense 11 (which are nowhere to be found):
AIRSENSE 11 Hypoallergenic model numbers for future reference:
1 Pack: 39304
2 Pack: 39305
12 Pack: 39306
50 Pack: 39307

By the way, forum rules allow you to post the NAME of the DME, just not the URL (link).
Post Reply Post Reply
The items I received came in "Spirit Medical" packaging, and were labeled "Hypoallergenic Ultrafine Filter ResMed Air 11", and were definitely more substantial than my original standard filter that came with the unit. It looks like the Spirit Medical part numbers are CF-39304-x where 39304 is hypoallergenic, and x is how many are in the package. At least that is what the items I received appear to be. The filters were much more dense that the standard filter I received from my DME. The vendor also sells Spirit Medical Standard filters as CF-39300-2 (2-pk).

The filters fit perfectly and appear to working just fine. I feel much more confident with these than the standard filters I received from my DME. The 2-pk for $0.92 seemed a better price than I was seeing anywhere else.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just ordered a 12-pack on Ebay--a box of six 2-packs labeled hypoallergenic with the product #CF-39304-2. It looks like there's more on Ebay. Under 8 bucks including shipping. The label says Total Home Care and specifies the Airsense 11.
Post Reply Post Reply
Has anyone thought of or used surgical masks or N95 masks cut to shape in their Air Sense 11?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2022, 09:03 PM)lmcdowel Wrote: I just ordered a 12-pack on Ebay--a box of six 2-packs labeled hypoallergenic with the product #CF-39304-2.  It looks like there's more on Ebay. Under 8 bucks including shipping.  The label says Total Home Care and specifies the Airsense 11.

I'm appaled why Resmed is using such small thin filters. I cut up my weaved filters that fit my old Respironics Remstar and I'm using them instead.
Post Reply Post Reply
I get mine from valley cpap and medical supplies. They buy a 50 pack and sell as many as you need. They sell the originals by resmed. They have a website but I'm a local, so I just pick them up from their store
Post Reply Post Reply
I suspect N95 mask material would be too resistant to air flow and may result in damage to the machine. Bear in mind that we inhale the same air with the same particulates and microorganisms when not using the machine and the density is only increased by 0.5-1%. by the machine.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 96 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,185 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] Cleaning filters bookwyrmtoo 2 397 12-20-2023, 09:45 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Filters in general and the ResMed 11 Cpapian 3 833 06-25-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Melman
  DreamStation 2 Filters & DME's StratCat48 2 509 04-19-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: StratCat48

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.