Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Altitude
Does altitude matter? I recently moved from 5000ft to sea level and I feel like I don't get enough flow, even though the settings haven't changed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most machines compensate for altitude up to 7500 ft.
I do not recognize the machine in your profile. It helps if you are precise in your profile.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lyndaloofa,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Your machine should adjust to the altitude change automatically with no trouble.
Which machine do you have?
Hang in there for more answers to your question and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

That's odd, since the air is more dense at your new location I would expect it to be even more satisfying rather than the opposite. It may suggest a problem with the machine and its ability to compensate for altitude properly. Any DME can quickly check the pressure, usually without charge. You can do it yourself if no DME is available. There are several ways to construct a make-shift manometer that will be accurate enough for your purposes.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd check to make sure the settings are still the same. That nothing got bumped in the move. How long has it been since the move?
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Another factor to consider is the possibility of the relative humidity being higher at your new location. Excess humidity is known to bother people with breathing issues. Just a thought.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High Altitude experience with Dreamstation APAP. NorthernGuy 6 699 08-31-2016, 08:52 PM
Last Post: NorthernGuy
  1) AHI by altitude? 2) Elevated AHI but decent SpO2 glaxelson 5 719 03-09-2016, 12:06 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Altitude dzwiss 8 841 02-28-2016, 05:03 PM
Last Post: dzwiss
  Anecdotal experience regarding CPAP and altitude wolson 5 821 02-27-2016, 03:42 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Change in altitude - AHI went up Rastur 5 1,370 09-20-2015, 04:46 PM
Last Post: vsheline
  New to CPAP/BiPAP - living at High Altitude forJO 5 1,799 08-15-2015, 03:25 PM
Last Post: vsheline
  High Altitude and Central Apneas nicholb 21 3,433 08-13-2015, 03:55 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last