Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Phillips system one red light
Phillips system one red light
A quick question. I'm on holiday in Portugal. AHI has been unusually high (around 8), but not feeling bad during the day. I still have the recalled Phillips system one as machine, almost 7 years old now. I've noticed when it first starts up, the red warning light comes on briefly, just once. 

I don't know how long it's been doing this, because at home it sits on a shelf where i can't see the thing when lying in bed. I've tried to look in the online manual, but I haven't found anything. I'm pretty sure this isn't normal. It's possible it's just telling me the telemetry doesn't work over here. 

Anyway, i can't look at data or anything until I get home in a little over a week, but I thought I'd ask about the red light.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Phillips system one red light
I think I have found the answer to my question. The single red light blink indicates a failure of the telemetry system. Since I was in Portugal on holiday when I noticed it, I thought it might have been because the machine wasn't registered on a Portuguese cell network, although it seemed odd that it would detect that immediately upon being turned on.

Well, after a pleasant three weeks in Portugal, I returned to the US and found that the red light was still blinking once during startup and, more importantly, the machine was no longer updating Dreammapper. The last night of data recorded was December 25, 2022. I left for Portugal the following day. I've traveled with the Phillips System One before and, normally, it sends all the missing data when I return. This time, it didn't.

This machine was going on 7 years old, and I was starting to experience fairly high AHIs for no obvious reason. Indeed, my 14-day average, as of December 25, was 6.7. While traveling, the AHI fluctuated between very low and 6-9. Like many others, I've been waiting for a replacement for a long time--since the recall in June, 2021. And the machine was over 5 years old then.

Fortunately, when I got back and called the DME, they had a Resmed AirCurve S10 to offer me, and I took it. They said it might be a long wait to get an S11, and I'd been waiting long enough. So, I'm no longer concerned about the Phillips System One telemetry. I just thought I'd provide...the rest of the story.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,620 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 128 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,252 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
Sad Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean cajones 9 11,502 03-15-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Airsense 10 - Bright light from on/off switch Dagmar 6 11,074 03-03-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: E.W.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.