Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP And Travel - Hose Protection?
CPAP And Travel - Hose Protection?
Got some travel coming up and a little afraid my tubes gonna get crushed and im gonna suffer all vacation. How do you guys protect your mask and tube while traveling?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP And Travel - Hose Protection?
Use the CPAP's travel bag and if flying, use it as a carry on. Since it is a medical device, it is not counted against the maximum number of items allowed.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2021, 01:23 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Use the CPAP's travel bag and if flying, use it as a carry on.   Since it is a medical device, it is not counted against the maximum number of items allowed.

didnt know about the medical part!!!! Thats awesome - i can use it on the plane maybe, thatd be great.

Travel bag is soft and feels like it could get crushed in there =/
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed bags have dedicated locations for various CPAP items. I've never experienced any damage by following their designated placement icons printed in the bag.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd agree, use the ResMed case to carry. Note on using PAP on a commercial jet, some have but few power connections and may limit access. If you need it when flying, contact the airline to confirm availability of a power connection that you may use.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most airlines don't want you to use their on-board 110 vac outlets for a medical device, but would allow you to use your own battery pack. Which takes a lot of the ease of carry-on out of the picture.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve been all over the world and have never used the travel case. I can’t imagine what it would take to crush the tube. If it happened, there’s always duct tape. Generally, my A10 and tubing go at the top of my roll-aboard. If I’m not using a roll-aboard, I put it in a backpack. I’ve had a few flights where the overhead was tiny and I brought the A10 aboard in a nylon grocery bag I always have with me. On a full flight where I am boarding last, I ask the gate agent for early boarding so I can stow my medical equipment. Nobody has ever questioned that request.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a medical device luggage tag on my CPAP carrying case. It helps when the airline personnel thinks you've got too many carryons. Here's a link to a free tag. Just need to have it laminated.

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/420101471493828473/
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2021, 12:55 PM)tierdal Wrote: Got some travel coming up and a little afraid my tubes gonna get crushed and im gonna suffer all vacation. How do you guys protect your mask and tube while traveling?

It’s carry on luggage. Never leaves your possession. Carry it on your person.  I have found a lot of machines at the airport under gate seats. Put a luggage tag on it.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
I too, have an approved Medical Device tag on my CPAP bag. I haven't had to travel with it as of yet, but who knows down the road.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,677 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 671 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,727 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,286 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Travel CPAP Concerns cyleclayton 3 457 01-18-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.