Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Annoying Whistle Sound
RE: Annoying Whistle Sound
(12-11-2015, 11:25 AM)SMD38972 Wrote: On occasion, my machine or mask will make a whistling sound when I wear it.

Dear SMD38972,
I agree with Sleepster who has just posted:
Quote <My mask whistles when the exhaust ports are wet. I have to run my hand over them to force the water droplets out>.

He and I both use the FP Simplus mask - and you do too? (you describe your mask as FPH Care).

The whistle for me comes from the exhaust port too i.e. the plastic <plate> on the the mask, with the little holes in it. This gets damp for two reasons in my experience (1) it doesn't dry out enough after you wash your mask - I always finish off the drying now with a hairdryer (not too hot or too near) over this exhaust plate or (2) you have too much condensation in your mask and tube, particularly likely if you have warmed the water in the humidifier but sleep in a cold room. This can be sorted with one or both things - use a heated hose and/or try different settings for your humidifier level (e.g. reduce from level 8 one mark at a time, one night at a time, until you have a run of nights without the whistling) or try the humidifier settings (wetness and temperature) on <auto>.

The heated hose and adjusting humidifier settings works for me about 98% of the time. But I make sure to have a paper handkerchief/tissue on my bed table so if the mask whistling wakes me I can wipe the outside and inside of the exhaust plate to dry it out and then quickly go back to sleep.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2015, 06:30 PM)cate1898 Wrote: Welcome to the forum SMD38972, glad you found us! Hope you get your whistle under control soon!
I just got a new machine yesterday and I had this whistling issue. My DME got a fresh new stock of Airsense 10s. It doesn't appear that the problem is fixed yet my loaner had no issues. I was using it for about 6 weeks without any of these issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found when I filled the tank above the 3 quarter mark I got wheezing sounds so try less water. also make sure the tank is level and the lid is fully closed and seated.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  White/Brown Sound? MoneyPit1946 7 146 03-16-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: MoneyPit1946
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 277 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 197 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Equipment] DS2 Making whirring sound when inhaling egg 5 1,859 12-28-2023, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Agent Smith
  Full Face Mask - Whistle on exhalation slane52186 4 543 10-01-2023, 01:33 PM
Last Post: slane52186
  [CPAP] AirSense 10 beep or ding sound Baklash 0 490 07-30-2023, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Baklash
  Constant air leak sound but leak doesn't show up in software shanky 2 849 02-05-2023, 12:04 AM
Last Post: shanky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.