Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Any advice for a new cpap user who has a fear of things covering her face.
The feeling of suffocating/air hunger means that you need to raise your minimum pressure. I also recommend turning off the Ramp feature; you will get used to the prescribed pressure after a few nights.
Post Reply Post Reply
I find that if I put on the mask when I am not really ready to go to sleep, this increases my claustrophobia. I solved the issue by taking off the mask for a few minutes, until I was really tired. In the morning, as long as I have slept 5 hours of really deep sleep, that mask goes off, and I rest and/or finish sleeping for another hour or two. This system works well for me, and I resent the machine much less than before.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new user here.. thumping in ear and some cpap questions. trailrunner 1 42 10 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
Arrow Please, we need your advice! Joshua Miller 16 148 5 hours ago
Last Post: DeepBreathing
Cool Things are looking much better hopefulsleeper 3 110 Yesterday, 03:40 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Advice on a mask Ranubis 6 165 02-24-2017, 02:40 AM
Last Post: Ghost1958
  Need advice re: Nuvigil retired_guy 5 1,307 02-20-2017, 03:59 PM
Last Post: TurdFerguson8675
  [CPAP] Much higher AHI with a full face mask vas2000 19 517 02-18-2017, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  User Flag #1 & #2 nadprok 4 139 02-16-2017, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape