Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Any advice for a new cpap user who has a fear of things covering her face.
The feeling of suffocating/air hunger means that you need to raise your minimum pressure. I also recommend turning off the Ramp feature; you will get used to the prescribed pressure after a few nights.
Post Reply Post Reply
I find that if I put on the mask when I am not really ready to go to sleep, this increases my claustrophobia. I solved the issue by taking off the mask for a few minutes, until I was really tired. In the morning, as long as I have slept 5 hours of really deep sleep, that mask goes off, and I rest and/or finish sleeping for another hour or two. This system works well for me, and I resent the machine much less than before.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Australian newbie asking advice! Wellslept 16 323 11 minutes ago
Last Post: KijabeKid
  Future BiPAP user.. Which machine to ask for? Herb 78 2,165 3 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Need help and advice on Quality of sleep and AHI ravik 63 1,167 5 hours ago
Last Post: ravik
  [Diagnosis] New user need help interpreting Sleepyhead results fyero 4 109 04-23-2017, 06:44 PM
Last Post: fyero
  Advice re: changing CPAP settings fyrfyter43 46 1,680 04-22-2017, 12:54 PM
Last Post: fyrfyter43
  New user, new diagnosis derekf 31 679 04-20-2017, 11:17 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Newbie - need advice on settings and machine tmc712 21 1,087 04-20-2017, 05:20 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last