Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Apex XT Auto--what do the numbers mean?
Question 
Apex XT Auto--what do the numbers mean?
I recently ordered a travel CPAP (the Apex XT Auto) without humidifier for a December vacation. I wore it again last night and this morning I installed the "Easy Complaince" software and connected the CPAP so I could see how well I did with this travel CPAP. (I have worn a Respironics 10, I think it's called, for 2 years. My AHI at diagnosis was "11" and its range is 4-20, but with a diagnosed pressure of 9.

However, last night I had LOTS of leaks (more than with my Respironics) and many more "events." I bought the Apex used/refurbished from an online retailer and gave them my settings from my Respironics that they entered into the travel Apex, so I wouldn't think the therapy would be any different with this travel model. I'm wondering if it's just a bad mask: Maximum Comfort CPAP Mask with the blue comfort gel insert. This is the one that you can adjust just above the nose to angle the seal. It fits great when I'm standing, but as soon as I lie flat/supine, the mask leaks terribly into my eyes (not the exhalation so much, but the INhalation air).

So I am thinking it's all of the leaks that drove my numbers up so high. I also can't see which number is my AHI. If you have used this "Easy Compliance" software before, can you tell from the pics if it is the "37" number or is the "3.89" number that is the AHI? (I use the Sleepyhead software for my Respironics, so still learning the Easy Compliance software.)

There is a 4-month wait to see my sleep dr., so if I can adjust something in the mask and/or APEX settings myself, I will, especially since we're traveling again in the next few weeks.

Thanks!

For the graph, the top pic is pressure, the middle is apnea (hypopnea) flags, and the bottom is leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Apex XT Auto--what do the numbers mean?
Hi reb621 -Welcome

From the best I can understand from your images, you are having 36 hypopnea events and 1 apnea event.  The time-at-pressure chart seems to indicate that you need to increase your starting pressure to at least 6 and probably 7.

What type of device is displaying the images that your are photographing?  If it is a PC, you could use the ALT+ Print Screen option to capture the images.
Here is how you use it:
  1. Click the window that you want to copy.
  2. Press ALT+PRINT SCREEN. This only captures the active program and not the complete screen.
  3. Paste (CTRL+V) the image into an Office program or other image application, like Paint.

I hope this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You had ab AHI of 3.89, you did good. There is a constant designed mask leak and you had fairly small excursions from that, no problem.
Pressure, the machine did it's job

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, thank you both! I'll be sure to print screen and save to Paint as jpg next time. (I just took pics with my cell phone and emailed them to myself to upload which resulted in these grainy shots.)
Crimson Nape: I will have to search online to find out how to adjust the starting pressure as it didn't come with a manual or SD card since I bought it refurbished.
Bonjour: You said there's a "constant designed mask leak". Do you mean the manufacturer intentionally designs it to leak, or that it's just a poor design/fit for my face/nose?

Thanks again to both of you! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
All CPAP masks have a designed leak, That is what helps to flush our exhaled CO2 out of the system and maintain the proper CO2 balance in our blood to enable us to breathe
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, ok, that leak. Got it. Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 195 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 12 381 04-16-2024, 06:12 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Do I need to tweak my numbers dharris01 6 207 04-15-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dharris01
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 201 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 405 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 661 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 633 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.