Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] CPAP LOOSING PRESSURE
CPAP LOOSING PRESSURE
I think my REMstar plus is loosing pressure from when it is initially turned on and when I wake up in the morning. How would I test it to verify?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP LOOSING PRESSURE
[Image: Manometer.jpg] Manometer
From Supplier #2, Handheld CPAP Pressure Manometer $35.00 free shipping

Home-made "Manometer" for few dollars http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ew-dollars

How long have been using the machine?

Edit: What model number is the machine? remove water tank and check the model number on the label at bottom of the machine

Post Reply Post Reply
Let me guess. You are a couple of weeks into your CPAP therapy?

I am willing to bet that your machine is maintaining its pressure perfectly. What is probably happening is that you are getting used to the pressure. You notice the pressure when you first put on the mask mainly because of the initial airflow spike to pressurize the system. But when you wake up in the morning, you wonder if the machine is still on, because you don't notice any pressure at all.

Are you still using the ramp feature, or are you finding that it now seems like there's not enough air at the lower initial pressure?

If you are still using the ramp, you're probably ready for the following experiment. Put on the mask and turn the machine on, but do not turn on the ramp. FORCE those first few breaths as if you were blowing up a balloon. After about 6 breaths, how does it feel? I'll bet that you are breathing normally and comfortably.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi AUDIHO,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It could be that you are just getting used to the mask and machine. Once you get used to it you don't hardly notice it.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  should I raise my CPAP pressure if 3AM spo2 is loow RichardW 13 312 04-16-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RichardW
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 154 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Pressure] What Cpap pressure should I use? uarspatient2023 1 269 03-02-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Pressure] Help interpreting low AHI after reducing CPAP pressure? grrrrr 2 319 02-21-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: grrrrr
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 510 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Dizziness and ear pressure/fullness after using cpap dizzy1 0 205 02-10-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: dizzy1
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 437 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.