Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Are settings ok
Are settings ok
[attachment=4877]Hi folks,
I'm new to the board but I've been using my machine for about 16 months now. Up until now I've only been using the Dreammapper app on my phone so now after downloading the Sleepyhead software there's so much to look at I'm totally confused. I know with the Dreammapper app it always seems like I have way more events than it seems like it clears. Any time I can get through to the respiratory therapist (which is highly rare) they always tell me that everything is working fine. It has reduced the number of headaches that I wake up with and I know from using an oximeter once in a while that it is keeping my oxygen level up. So can you tell from my Sleepyhead chart that things are working ok? A small note to point out is that I'm 71 years old and I can only sleep 4 to 6 hours a night at the most. I also need to check my data card because it didn't record anything for the last 3 nights but yet the Dreammapper software app sees the last 3 nights. Thanks for any info, Tom
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Are settings ok
I think if you changed the minimum pressure to 8cm You'll get a better response from the machine and will get lower events. Also probably help you breath better too.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine is at default settings of 4-20, which is not optimal treatment.

I have to agree with Walla Walla, set your minimum pressure at 8cm. I would also bring the maximum pressure down to 14cm. This will narrow the range and keep your machine from raising pressure too high, as it will respond to Flow Limitation and Snores.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2018, 10:34 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Your machine is at default settings of 4-20, which is not optimal treatment.

I have to agree with Walla Walla, set your minimum pressure at 8cm.  I would also bring the maximum pressure down to 14cm.  This will narrow the range and keep your machine from raising pressure too high, as it will respond to Flow Limitation and Snores.

Ok I'll give that a try and see how it does. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the Apneaboard,

See how 8 works, you may need slightly more, but small adjustments at a time.
The machine being at 20 is fine for now as it will only rise to what you require.
If you find it harder to breath out turn on EPR to help you breath out, if you can do without this so much the better.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2018, 04:07 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: Welcome to the Apneaboard,

See how 8 works, you may need slightly more, but small adjustments at a time.
The machine being at 20 is fine for now as it will only rise to what you require.
If you find it harder to breath out turn on EPR to help you breath out, if you can do without this so much the better.

Thanks I'm going to try this tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi tburg856,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2018, 05:12 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi tburg856,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy.

Thank you very much!

Tom
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome!! If your data card didn't record anything, make sure that it is UNLOCKED before putting it back into machine. I made the same mistake a couple of times.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2018, 10:54 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: Welcome!!  If your data card didn't record anything, make sure that it is UNLOCKED before putting it back into machine. I made the same mistake a couple of times.

I think you're exactly correct. I'm giving it a few more nights before uploading to see if there are any positive changes. According to the Dreammapper app
not much has changed but maybe SleepyHead will obviously show more.

Tom
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 828 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirCurve 10 ASV settings - Equivalent settings for AirCurve 10 VAUTO Shadowpup 0 857 11-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Shadowpup
  ResMed Adjust ASV Settings to AutoASV Settings ronsch00 4 3,662 06-09-2017, 10:57 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  SleepyHead Question: machine settings on Daily Sidebar don't match actual settings Kris the Crone 6 2,115 06-15-2016, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Kris the Crone
Question Auto CPAP settings vs Auto BiPAP settings thasan26 1 2,758 05-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Last Post: robysue

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.