Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Are these different regions of my flow graph normal?
Are these different regions of my flow graph normal?
Hello All,

This is my first post on Apnea Boards, glad that this community exists!

I have a question about my flow graphs from my ResMed Airsense 10 Elite. I have noticed 3 distinct patterns in my flow data.  All three of these appear most nights, although when and for how long each is present changes from night to night.  I was wondering if these regions are normal (and something that a healthy sleeper might have as well), or indicative of untreated breathing problems.

It is possible that these regions simply correspond to different sleep stages (e.g. REM vs NonREM), in which case I'd like to hear about that as well!

The 'sleep regions' image shows a zoomed out image of my entire nights sleep, with the 3 regions boxed using different colors.  The remains images show close-ups of the regions (blue and green are stacked atop one another in one image due to the 3 attachment limit).

The first region (red), has low amplitude and regular breathing.

The second region (blue), has higher amplitude and slightly more ragged breathing, although still regular.

The third region (green) is much more irregular and has erratically shaped peaks and valleys.

I appreciate any answers!

Adam

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Are these different regions of my flow graph normal?
I'm not an expert but one will be around shortly. But I will say this. If this was my flow rate I wouldn't be concerned. That said there are numerous other variables to take into account. The others in this forum who have a lot more knowledge than myself will be able to help you get to the bottom of your concerns
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
OK before I influence you in any way, How do you feen, sleeping, awake, whatever, please be critical.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Bonjour,

I still have serious difficulty waking up in the morning, and can easily sleep 10-11 hours. I also have considerable fatigue and brain fog during the day. However, once I fall asleep I usually have very little difficulty staying asleep.  Part of the reason I am asking this is that my sleep doctor believes that I have delayed sleep phase disorder (DSPD) in addition to sleep apnea, and I am trying to determine if my sleep apnea is being adequately treated (which would mean that my remaining symptoms are caused by DSPD.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 0 14 17 minutes ago
Last Post: emile.leplattenier
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 0 20 1 hour ago
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  What is that spike in Flow limit? urachan 7 448 03-16-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: urachan
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 5 141 03-16-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: ReclaimingMySleep
  Help with spotting flow rate RERA's apnea505 3 140 03-14-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: apnea505
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 8 131 03-14-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 233 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.