Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Assistance with OSCAR Data
RE: Assistance with OSCAR Data
All,

I tried EPR off and 7 Pressure last night and my results are attached. No AHI improvement from what I can see but I'm going to keep at it for another day or two just to make sure.

Let me know if there's something obvious in the chart that i can fix, my leak rate seems to have been jumping later in the night

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
What is your typical sleeping position? Back, side, stomach?
Post Reply Post Reply
When you do see your doctor make sure to show him your sleep study. This shows your need for an ASV.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I typically sleep on my side. My sleep study had me sleeping on my side ~80% of the time and on my back ~20% of the time.

The study also revealed I have less AHI on my side, maybe I should invest in a side sleeping pillow or something
Post Reply Post Reply
Following up with another day of data, centrals have gone down a bit but still not <5 AHI like I want

Any and all help is appreciated, meeting with doc today to request ASV

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck with your request to move to ASV. It is the best solution, and is designed to address centrals. Let us know how it goes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got done with doc visit. FYI I'm active duty military so I have to deal with military system + insurance.

I got completely shut down. Got told they need to see weeks more CPAP data before they label CPAP a "failure". Then I was told they would try a BiPAP next for weeks before even attempting an ASV. (Also told they wouldn't order an ASV titration in the interim)

Going to pursue alternate avenues to be heard but until then I'm stuck with the CPAP.

Going to keep 7 pressure and epr off for a bit more and then try to lower the pressure bit by bit from there if it's still not <5 AHI.

I set CPAP min pressure to 6 and max pressure to 8 (with EPR off) to help with Central Apnea. My ResMed 10 doesn't seem to have this option even in clinician settings, do I need to change the 'mode' from CPAP to something else? Or is there something else I'm missing?
Post Reply Post Reply
Runnermeep, I posted your question from your PM into this thread. In order to see minimum and mazimum pressure, you must set the MODE to Autoset. The EPR settings are also in the clinical settings menu. You can use this link for a quick instruction on accessing the Airsense 10 clinical menu. Mode is the second or third option on that menu. You have to click on mode to access the option for Autoset or CPAP. https://www.apneaboard.com/res med-airsense-10-aircurve-10-setup-info
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate on Oscar shows no data for my minute and a half at a time Sleepwarrior12345 2 175 04-27-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Sleepwarrior12345
  stanleyv28 - Therapy Assistance stanleyv28 23 498 04-27-2024, 04:56 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Pressure] interpreting OSCAR data NicoFR 31 2,148 04-25-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: NicoFR
  [CPAP] Need help analyzing OSCAR data user357 2 156 04-24-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: user357
  Any insight on this data from OSCAR? jake79 2 155 04-23-2024, 08:49 AM
Last Post: jake79
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 5 188 04-19-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: rygonzo93
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,443 04-18-2024, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.