Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] At 74 years old - I could do with some help please.
RE: At 74 years old - I could do with some help please.
ABSOLUTELY

I haven't kept the original packaging, but have included 2 photos:-

1. Instruction booklet cover.
2. My mask disassembled after I washed mask and diffuser with some soap a water this morning. 
(Stiil not quite dry yet!) 

Removed strap first. Only very periodic careful washing needed.

Thing about this mask strap is that it is so simple. You don't need all the cumbersome paraphernalia of a complicated strap system with magnets and two anchoring points.

I found this very stressful business with these other masks, and consequently took me ages to settled down. My pulse was racing each time. 

Life is complicated enough without all this...

Again, my personal opinion and it changed my life. 

We are all different and may not be for everyone.

Hope you make the best choice that is good for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well its been a time since I posted back here and thats due to burglars . I recently moved to small village just out side of Manila and rented a house there . Several days after moving in someone one at night while I was out attending an expats club , broke into the house I was renting and stole nearly every thing that was not bolted down. Thankfully my passport and important documents I always kept in a bum bag that I wear all the time. Its taken me some considerable time to replace every thing that was stolen , including my ResMed machine , masks and my beloved Mac Laptop .So I’m now living in a small more secure rented room which has WiFi access and I have my fingers firmly crossed that hopefully I won’t attract too many burglars.

I Just wanted to say thank you to every one for all your past help , its really appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply
I took a look at an OSCAR report you posted.  Wow.  I'm not an expert as some are here, but the data looks so much better than my reports.  I've been CPAPing for 12 years with marginal success.  I'm still seeking advice.  My reports are a mess.  I may get 3 nice ones a month with the rest showing graphs of leaks, pressure changes, clusters of various apneas, and grayed over areas.  I forgot what the gray areas mean.

I may as well have been in a foreign country all these cpap years.  I have had no doctor, technician, or therapist look at sleep reports except for sleep test results. (3 sleep tests)  I've had 4 different suppliers of my cpap gear and not one of them offer advice nor have cpap therapists in their employ.  Finding this forum and another has been great.  I so appreciate the help I have been given here.

I hope your new lodging is safe and secure.  I attempted to move outside the US but failed.  Maybe where you are has good access to services, stores, and banking.  Where I was going proved to be such a huge hassle, I gave up.  I too have had most house possessions removed by thieves twice here in the US.  Awful feeling.

Best of Luck
I only give suggestions from experience as a fellow CPAP user, not professional advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad 7 Years of Pap Therapy and Still Utterly Fatigued. Top doctors Unhelpful kalensk 1 110 04-11-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How many years does a mask last? nnddcc 6 298 04-09-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Incorrectly on ASV for several years rickresmed 2 123 04-04-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 174 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 228 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,107 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 751 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.