Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Athlete Dreamstation Settings
RE: CPAP Athlete Dreamstation Settings
Keep trying to get your mask to fit consistently. I'm not seeing leaks so much as addressing your comment about the Amara View keeping seal better. I myself endured using that mask for almost 6 months, but could never get consistent fit and sealing.

I've since moved on to first the ResMed F20 mask and now the Fisher & Paykel Simplus and Vitera. These 2 F&P masks are much better for me. I've not used my PAP and mask for many months due to needing a different type of therapy. Even so, I had a titration recently with my Vitera and just like that my leak rates were under 7 the whole night and it was not set uncomfortably tight as I remember my Amara View to have required.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: CPAP Athlete Dreamstation Settings
I agree. I could never get Amara View to seal on my face. If I could, it had to be cranked on so tightly that my teeth, jaw, and face bones hurt so badly.

F20 with memory foam seals like a charm for me! I wish every mask had a memory foam option.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP Therapy / Settings Review (OSCAR) SwirlySauce 10 326 05-08-2021, 06:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New CPAP User – Settings Help! Gleemonex 2 171 04-17-2021, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Gleemonex
  Are these settings OK? BobbieM 41 1,466 04-15-2021, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  PR Dreamstation CPAP Pro doesn’t have auto trail Goose 5 233 04-10-2021, 09:09 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Preliminary settings-Transferring from Dreamstation to Airsense 10 Surfbear 7 372 03-18-2021, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Surfbear
  New Dreamstation Auto Bipap - lost on support settings Russ702 86 1,753 02-01-2021, 01:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  How to reduce flow limitations on Dreamstation Auto CPAP? CentralApneaUser909 3 301 01-31-2021, 12:23 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.