Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Athlete Dreamstation Settings
RE: CPAP Athlete Dreamstation Settings
Understood. 

I will set it to auto and get the min and max pressure settings updated and try again.

Hopefully we get over three hours and better results tonight.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
See the new nightly chart. This felt more uncomfortable last night. Maybe the pressure is too much. I'm not sure. I took the mask off after a few hours because it was annoying me .

Please advise.

Post Reply Post Reply
I went at it again last night. Seems the flex pressure is not right when I exhale it'ss still blowing air at me. I had it auto flex 2 and now changed it to 3. Maybe I need to go c flex.

I couldn't get into a deep sleep with the mask on I'm struggling.

He's my chart. Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I increased flex to level 3 and it seems to be much better. 

Let me know what you guys think of my chart.

I think I'm used to sleeping on my side and that can be kind of a pain I did four hours on my back and then removed the mask. Anybody have tips for this? I'm thinking to get a special pillow or condition myself to sleeping on my back.

Thanks and look forward to your input.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You are maxing out your set pressure and still getting FL events and RERAs, Your numbers are in the "you are well treated" category, but I'm not convinced yet.
Set Min = 13
Set Max = 20

This will tell us a lot. Based on the results we may be talking about a different machine, a BiLevel.
Post Reply Post Reply
Updated pressure settings. Improved my sleep hygiene, taking lavender epsom salt baths and using some remedies to help me fall asleep. Had the mask on for almost 6 hours last night, took it off spent another hour laying down and then started my day.

See the attached chart. Let me know how to improve.

Thanks for helping me on this journey : )

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
How do you feel? This is the most important parameter. Your chart says your min pressure should be 16, your stats say 15. But your numbers say you are still well treated. At these suggested pressures you should be looking at a BiLevel. I suspect that with a BiLevel and with PS worked in your pressures could be quite a bit lower. The other possibility is the ResMed AutoSet with EPR enabled and set at 3 fulltime. I'd bet you would feel better with either option. Give a choice I would choose the ResMed VAuto BiLevel machine. In fact that is exactly what I did.
Post Reply Post Reply
I felt like I had a decent sleep. I feel better today than per usual but this is the first day so not sure how real this all is.

Should I adjust the settings further?

Why would I need to buy a new machine. Will the results be greater? Or Would there be more comfort?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
A new machine would bring in more comfort, marginally improve your AHI, decrease the number of flow limits you have, and most likely allow you to lower your pressure. This is by providing a lower exhale pressure via pressure support or EPR depending on machine.

I would increase your min pressure to 15, evaluate and consider 16 at that time. You said the boost in pressure helped (not those words) so the thought is a higher pressure will minimize your pressure differences which typically helps one feel better. I think 16 will do a better job but that is a big jump.
Post Reply Post Reply
    How does this look? 

I'm starting to get more comfortable wearing the mask. I like the Amara View, I wish the silicon had some gel or something to keep the seal. Sometimes it's not so snug, but I can play around with it.

Let me know your thoughts and any tips!

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Treatment] help with oscar and CPAP settings SeanOZ 3 225 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: SeanOZ
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 447 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 260 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  [CPAP] BiLevel Settings From CPAP fstbiker 17 933 01-28-2024, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Settings Help as New CPAP User alienfrontier 7 472 01-18-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.