Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] BIPAP to AIRMINI
RE: BIPAP to AIRMINI
Reasons for ASV? 83 CA to 27 OA, their own recommendation said if ST failed you go to ASV. Highlight that part and show him.

Impression:

1. Primary central sleep apnea

Recommendations:

No definitive pressure can be extrapolated from the titration, however since he had mostly obstructive hypopneas on the best tolerated pressure, consider BiPAP ST 16/12 cm back up rate 12 BPM. Otherwise consider ASV titration.

C'mon man. Tell doc polite and firm, get with it, OR refer me to someone who will go by their own recommended actions. Their paperwork says it yet they won't do it. You need to state the ST experiment phase is failed and you're done with it. Time to go to ASV now.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2022, 05:45 PM)MMH1 Wrote: ...the ResMed 'MyAir' app scored my January 2, 2022, therapy at 95 points out of 100 ...  The ResMed dashboard also indicates more than 20 events each hour.
A couple of months ago I started this thread: Why I hate MyAir more than the heat of 1000 suns!  and you have just provided another data point.

These people are evil...
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks - good way to open the discussion, receptive or not.  My LV EF is > 60%.  

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW my echocardiogram in '17 had me score LVEF 55% and I got an ASV. Then in spring '20 a new cardiac doc had me do echocardiogram and chemical stress, LVEF 63% and a diagnosis of PVCs, it's not ASV usage related.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks !
Post Reply Post Reply
Proposal made, my doc has ordered an ASV, only cost is for a range of settings workup.  Based on the machine that seems unnecessary, but is a hoop as you suggest to move on.  Thanks for your guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK congrats. Keep us updated and ask questions when you have them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Pretty good result from your proposal. Could you summarize the conversation a bit? Many members here have more hoops than a titration to jump through.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You advised to go through hoops, if necessary, to replace my AirCurve 10 ST with an ASV machine.  My events were 20+ per hour, and the October 2021 study focused on the number of CA events.  I've done the hoops and am picking up an ASV machine tomorrow.  I've pulled from the two studies for comparison below.  It's interesting that CA is largely absent form the current study.  Does the ASV set up make sense?  I can send the full studies if that helps.

A material personal health update:  I had an ablation performed between the two studies.  I was AFIB for the 1st study and sinus rhythm for the 2nd.  I remain in sinus rhythm.  Of note, heart BPM dropped from 81 sleeping to 57 sleeping. 

The 1st study from October 2021 (AFIB) recommended :
    Impression:
  • 1. Primary central sleep apnea
  • Recommendations:
    No definitive pressure can be extrapolated from the titration,however since he had mostly obstructive hypopneas on the besttolerated pressure, consider BiPAP ST 16/12 cm back up rate 12BPM. Otherwise consider ASV titration.
The 2nd study from March 1 to titrate for an ASV study and recommendation:

• Respiratory:
    There were a total of 1 apneas consisting of 0 obstructiveapneas, 0 mixed apneas, and 1 central apneas. A total of 31hypopneas were scored. The apnea index was 0.22 per hour and thehypopnea index was 6.79 per hour resulting in an overall AHI of7.01. AHI during rem was 15.8 and AHI while supine was 8.07.
  • CPAP Titration: 
    The PAP titration was initiated with ASV EPAP 10cm of water PS 4/15 cm and the pressure which was slowly titratedup in an attempt to eliminate sleep disordered breathing andsnoring. The final pressure tested during the study was EPAP 10cm PS 4/15 cm water and at this final pressure the patient wasobserved in the supine REM sleep stage. The apnea hypopnea indeximproved to 5.5 per hour and O2 nadir 88%. The average O2saturation was 94%. He spent 1.3 min of sleep time below 88% O2saturation. Snoring was resolved.The patient utilized airfit N20 mask with heated humidification. The PAP was well-tolerated andthere were minimal air leaks. Supplemental oxygen was notrequired.
  • Impression:
    Obstructive sleep apnea
  • Recommendations:
    I recommend ASv EPAP 10 cm PS 4/15 cm with airfit N20 mask.
Thank you !
Post Reply Post Reply
You advised to go through hoops, if necessary, to replace my AirCurve 10 ST with an ASV machine.  My events were 20+ per hour, and the October 2021 study focused on the number of CA events.  I've done the hoops and am picking up an ASV machine tomorrow.  I've pulled from the two studies for comparison below (full studies are available).  It's interesting that CA is largely absent form the current study.  

A material personal health update:  I had an ablation performed between the two studies.  I was AFIB for the 1st study and sinus rhythm for the 2nd.  I remain in sinus rhythm.  Of note, heart BPM dropped from 81 sleeping to 57 sleeping. 

The 1st study from October 2021 (AFIB) recommended :
    Impression:
  • 1. Primary central sleep apnea

• Recommendations:
    No definitive pressure can be extrapolated from the titration, however since he had mostly obstructive hypopneas on the best tolerated pressure, consider BiPAP ST 16/12 cm back up rate 12BPM. Otherwise consider ASV titration.

The 2nd study from March 1 to titrate for an ASV study and recommendation:

• Respiratory:
    There were a total of 1 apneas consisting of 0 obstructive apneas, 0 mixed apneas, and 1 central apneas. A total of 31 hypopneas were scored. The apnea index was 0.22 per hour and the hypopnea index was 6.79 per hour resulting in an overall AHI of7.01. AHI during rem was 15.8 and AHI while supine was 8.07.

• CPAP Titration: 
    The PAP titration was initiated with ASV EPAP 10cm of water PS 4/15 cm and the pressure which was slowly titrated up in an attempt to eliminate sleep disordered breathing and snoring. The final pressure tested during the study was EPAP 10cm PS 4/15 cm water and at this final pressure the patient was observed in the supine REM sleep stage. The apnea hypopnea index improved to 5.5 per hour and O2 nadir 88%. The average O2saturation was 94%. He spent 1.3 min of sleep time below 88% O2saturation. Snoring was resolved.The patient utilized airfit N20 mask with heated humidification. The PAP was well-tolerated and there were minimal air leaks. Supplemental oxygen was not required.

• Impression:
    Obstructive sleep apnea

• Recommendations:
    I recommend ASv EPAP 10 cm PS 4/15 cm with airfit N20 mask.

After reviewing, does the ASV set up make sense?  

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 21,194 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 220 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 368 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Is the AirMini worth it vs. AirSense 11 labrat 10 1,145 02-22-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Jogreentree
  Connect Medistrom Pilot 12 Plus to Airsense 11 and Airmini? ICS55 2 344 02-18-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: ICS55
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 429 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 999 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.