Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirFit F20 (not mem foam)
ResMed AirFit F20 (not mem foam)
After years with the AirFit F10 I tried the Airfit F20 last night.  It fitted well, sealed well and was comfortable.  For the first time in over 10 years of therapy, and trying out 4 other masks, I was wakened within 3 hours due to skin irritation from the mask.  Looking in the mirror showed a ring of red rash where the mask touched and facial swelling.  I wonder if that model has latex or any other property that may be prone to an allergic reaction.  

I think the F10s are silicone.  The cushion of the F20s feel like a different substance.

I have never looked at the returns/refund policy of my supplier.  I'm asking for it now.  Oh-jeez

Anyone else experience such a rash situation?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirFit F20 (not mem foam)
ejbpesca;
I know this post is about 9 months old I have just seen it ..
Did You wash the mask before use ?? I wonder if it may have had some mold release residue left on it that caused
Your reaction ..
I have been using a F20 for about 8 months with no problems .. But I was told to wash it before use ..
I hope Your having better luck with masks !!
Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
I probably did not wash the new mask.  Since the post, I tried F20s again and now use them with no rash occurring.  Your suggestion could be spot on.  Thanks.
I only give suggestions from experience as a fellow CPAP user, not professional advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
ejbpesca;
Thank You for the reply .. Its good to read that You no longer have a problem ..
Good Luck !! Steve
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,261 8 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,319 Yesterday, 06:43 PM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,624 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  CPAP compressed air path design, foam, filtration & maintenance MaNoise 10 229 03-25-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MaNoise
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,584 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,990 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,605 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.