Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Battle - Chart Attached
CPAP Battle - Chart Attached
I have been battling with my pap machines ever since my diagnosis several years ago.  I started out with CPAP then BiPAP and have been experimenting with apap settings.

Even on nights with good AHI numbers, I always wake up feeling worse than without treatment.  

Attached is my most recent chart.  For some reason, I cannot get the Flow Limit graph to appear.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Battle - Chart Attached
There is no flow limit chart for PR machines.  Look for FL and RERA in the events chart.  The best way to find FL for PR machines is to look at a 2 min view and see them on the Flow Rate chart.

Drop your min PS to 3 to see if that helps your Central Apneas.  Could go lower and even to a fixed PS (Min PS = Max PS)
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the suggestions.  I will give it a go tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Attached are charts from the past few nights.

Still struggling to keep the mask on for more than 4 hours but working on it every night.

I lowered the pressure to 4 because the machine wouldn't go to 3.  

Lowering the EPAP appears to have curbed the centrals but not sure if I have enough time on the machine to be statistically significant.

Post Reply Post Reply
The last advise from Bonjour was to lower your pressure support to 3.0. You are currently using a range of 4.0 to 8.0 pressure support and this more than anything else will increase central apnea. I don't think your problem is EPAP pressure but PS, and there is no association of EPAP with your AHI, but when pressure support increases, so does your CA. Please try EPAP min 5.0, PS min 3.0 PS max 3.0 IPAP max 12.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2019, 01:24 PM)bonjour Wrote: Drop your min PS to 3 to see if that helps your Central Apneas.  Could go lower and even to a fixed PS (Min PS = Max PS)

I think what bonjour is saying is to use the Pressure Support to a fixed mode.
Set it to Minimum PS 3 and Maximum PS 3.

While your at it, turn off the VS2 setting. They aren’t really snores and just clutters the graph. Leave the VS setting in place.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gotcha.  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Made the adjustments and had one of the most comfortable nights ever wearing the mask.  

Clear airway events were reduced significantly.  

Any recommended tweaks or should I give it more time?

Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
You are having clusters of obstructive apnea and this suggests a need for either the soft cervical collar or higher EPAP. Now that we have cleared the CA events we can start to work on the rest of it. Increase EPAP by 1-cm per night until the OA is resolved. For tonight you are looking at EPAP min 6.0, PS min and max at 3 and max IPAP at 12.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.  I didn't see your adjustment advice until this morning so I slept with the old setting.  Second night in a row that I slept comfortably. 

Not sure if there is useful information in this chart but if I read it right the IPAP stayed at maximum much of the night.

Report attached.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached) opo218 6 134 04-15-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: opo218
  Chart help needed SteveC 4 187 04-07-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Having fluctuating results 3rd week in. Data attached Jscott321 5 214 04-03-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Jscott321
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 318 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 217 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 1,004 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  New to OSCAR..Please Help me understand the data. *screenshots attached* Cowboys77 0 125 03-19-2024, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Cowboys77

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.