Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Beeping
CPAP Beeping
I have been using my Respitronics CPAP for almost 4 years. I have started having trouble with it. Shortly after putting it on there will be two short beeps and it will shut off and then turn back on. But after about 2 hours there will be a continuous fast paced two beeps and will not stop unless you pull the plug. Does anyone else have this problem? When I took it to American Home Health where I purchased it, they said they would have to send it off. It would probably take 5 to 6 months to get it back and in the meantime I would have to purchase a rental machine for $75.00/month. I really don't want to do that. I am not eligible for a new machine for another year. Any suggestions?[/size][/font]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Beeping
Hi Patty,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I haven't had that problem but hang in there for answers to your question and oh by the way, what model of machine do you have?
Best of luck to you in getting this straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Respironics uses beeps to provide information. Do you have the clinician manual? It may say what the beeps are for. Is there an error message on the screen or just the beeping?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I checked the clinician manual for my Respironics device, and there is no mention made of beep codes.

It would seem to me that your machine is not happy with its self-diagnosis and is indicating that there is a hardware problem somewhere. I'd suggest calling Respironics technical support and ask them (a) what the beep codes mean, and (b) what you need to do about it. Sadly, I would be willing to bet that you are going to have to send it to a repair depot to get it fixed.

You might want to check with your insurance about your machine eligibility. If you explain to them that your current machine is broken, that is a significantly different situation than someone with a functioning machine that simply wants a newer model.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2013, 01:58 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Is there an error message on the screen or just the beeping?
PR System One user manual http://respironicsremstars.respironics.c...Manual.pdf

See Device Alerts ... pages 12/13/14 for possible causes for the beeps and how to fix it
Troubleshooting ... page 15

Post Reply Post Reply
The user manual?!!

Holy cow, that's exactly where this sort of information should be, and it never occurred to me to look there!

According to that table, a double-beep indicates "Service Required". It does suggest unplugging the device and plugging it back in again, but if the alert persists, it's off to the repair depot.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2013, 04:12 PM)RonWessels Wrote: It does suggest unplugging the device and plugging it back in again

Huh... sounds familiar. Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2013, 04:05 PM)zonk Wrote:
(07-11-2013, 01:58 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Is there an error message on the screen or just the beeping?
PR System One user manual http://respironicsremstars.respironics.c...Manual.pdf

See Device Alerts ... pages 12/13/14 for possible causes for the beeps and how to fix it
Troubleshooting ... page 15
Two beeps indicate something wrong with SD card (not inserted correctly, card full/corrupt) the solution either check card inserted correctly or get a new card. Try remove the card and see if you can use the machine without the card
which model is the machine? Plus model is not data capable machine,
does not score any efficacy data other than usage on both machine and SD card

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2013, 04:51 PM)zonk Wrote: Two beeps indicate something wrong with SD card (not inserted correctly, card full/corrupt) ...

Ah, I see there is some confusion because the beep pattern occurs in pairs. A pair of double-beeps indicates Service Required, as I mentioned. A pair of single-beeps indicates SD card problems (probably) as zonk mentioned.

Either way, there should also be a message on the display. What does it say?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2013, 04:15 PM)Paptillian Wrote:
(07-11-2013, 04:12 PM)RonWessels Wrote: It does suggest unplugging the device and plugging it back in again

Huh... sounds familiar. Wink

In the computer business... I always tell folks that re-booting solves 90% of all computer problems. Grin
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 beeping?? Apneastricken 11 4,512 05-23-2023, 01:41 PM
Last Post: smalone
  [Equipment] Phillips Respironics system One [beeping] Dwalms 6 6,066 03-06-2018, 07:32 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie with DreamStation beeping sounds dtaski 4 7,551 10-13-2017, 06:04 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [Equipment] beeping on resmed airsense 10 BiPaP st ctyankee3 4 8,384 06-24-2017, 08:17 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  [Equipment] Airsense 10 beeping at me GregInAtl 10 15,505 06-16-2017, 07:43 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Seriously Needing Help w/ beeping Remstar kenkallies 5 3,807 01-02-2014, 05:16 PM
Last Post: RonWessels
Question s9 beeping .. no errors on display.. no luck searching for an answer mwbritt 7 3,580 10-24-2013, 04:12 PM
Last Post: zonk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.