Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Beginning My Journey and a Big thank you
RE: Beginning My Journey and a Big thank you
Kuthullu wrote:  "When you get your SD card"

The RT never mentioned anything about an SD card, maybe because I'm on Medicare which has a required 90 day evaluation period for determining if C-Pap therapy is effective ? Since this is considered my trial period, I can only guess the SD card comes if or when me and my physician decide I should keep the unit ?

I worked in the healthcare field all my working years, retired from owning a medical supply company, never imagined being on this side of that equation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, if your unit was setup by them, they may have configured remote report and control. This doesn't give all the details of the treatment but may be enough for a trial...
You may, if you wish, insert any SD card on the unit, and if it accepts it, it will write all aspects of the treatment (even the remotely changed configuration, if any). This is safe as the machine will only accept a new card or previously used on the same machine, it will not change any configuration at all.
My machine I bought over the internet (here in Brazil we don't need prescriptions for CPAP) and it came with an official Resmed card already inserted. Did you read the user manual and checked the SD slot ?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2017, 04:36 PM)Raggaemon Wrote: I just now saw that the replies to my first post here went into my junk mailbox, sorry about that.

Thank you-thank you-thank you all for the welcome and the helpful advice !

There's nothing like having people to commiserate with who walk in your shoes, right?

Most of your advice zipped over my head, I don't see any SD card with the stuff the RT gave me, I do get a wireless report emailed to me each morning, so far my SLEEP SCORE hasn't been lower than 97, the number of episodes has been staying within a range of < 3 per hr. down from 34 per hr., there have been virtually no air leaks, but whether or not I'm having more REM sleep is unknown.

The RT told me yesterday to give it the full 90 days of the evaluation period, I still have been waking up feeling unrefreshed and by late morning I'm running on fumes, sad to say that naps aren't easy to come by for me, not sure why?

I have redness and skin irritation on the bridge of my nose from my face mask, it's not very comfortable, the RT told me to try a band-aid and antibiotic ointment since the skin actually is broken, doing that caused air leaks, I might need a different mask?

Once again, thanks for the friendly welcome ! Aloha ! ( I lived in Hawaii for a while ).

Hi Raggaemon, I have a suggestion, once you get your SD card and are ready to post some of those charts, start a new thread and everything can be kept together in that one thread for you, so there is no confusion with those who might answer to the original poster (Ninja) here in this thread.
Good luck with your therapy. Shy
Post Reply Post Reply
Kuthullu wrote: "Did you read the user manual and checked the SD slot" ?

Yes I did read the manual, the slot for the SD card is empty, I do get a daily report through my home WIFI connection but it seems to only contain the basic sleep information.

I will call the supplier to find out, thanks again !
Post Reply Post Reply
Just stick *any SD card* in there. It'll format it for you, and then begin storing info on there going forward. You'll have access to SO much information.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Hydrangea ! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome. :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got a 10$ SD card installed so I am now collecting data properly.....i got a 10$ sd card reader too to plug into my computer's USB....do i need to push any buttons to export the data to the SD card or will it do that automatically?
Post Reply Post Reply
It will export automatically. Also, when you take the card to your computer, remember to lock it and unlock when putting it back into the CPAP (the machine will warn you to unlock if you forget to unlock, but forgetting to lock it may make the machine format it again after you take it back)
Post Reply Post Reply
You don't need to bother with locking and unlocking, that was a old issue that has been long resolved on the Airsense 10 series.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,366 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 932 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Anxiety/elevated HR at beginning of night Jskier 1 214 02-11-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,283 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Cpap for 4 month, worked in the beginning but not much now Killiane69 6 606 01-23-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Killiane69
  Dr. Steven Park details his UARS journey gainerfull 3 623 12-18-2023, 12:01 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  Twobigwheels - CPAP Therapy Journey Twobigwheels 34 1,207 11-27-2023, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.