Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Beginning My Journey and a Big thank you
RE: Beginning My Journey and a Big thank you
OK ... I have saved 40 days of data on my SD card but the information makes NO sense, the AHI section is flat-lined, my daily sleep report sent from my machine to my laptop indicated apnea episodes every night, what am I NOT understanding here?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know what happened to the data on the summary screen.

Put up the chart 'daily' or whatever data from sleepyhead or your machine screen on what your daily numbers are.
I doubt your current cpap setting of 5.2cm is going to work for you. I would guess it's a matter of increasing the pressure by 1cm at a time till the obstructive apneas are within range. Then fine tune.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
OK ... I have saved 40 days of data on my SD card but the information makes NO sense, the AHI section is flat-lined, my daily sleep report sent from my machine to my laptop indicated apnea episodes every night, what am I NOT understanding here?
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at your chart your Machine is a "ResMed Airsense 10 CPAP"  you should change your profile to indicate which model of the airsense you have.

Be aware that this model does not provide detailed data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2017, 04:14 PM)ajack Wrote: I don't know what happened to the data on the summary screen.

Put up the chart  'daily' or whatever data from sleepyhead or your machine screen on what your daily numbers are.
I doubt your current cpap setting of 5.2cm is going to work for you. I would guess it's a matter of increasing the pressure by 1cm at a time till the obstructive apneas are within range. Then fine tune.

Thanks ajack ! the DAILY option shows a sad face/frown with a message that it's not available as far as an option.

What has me completely puzzled is how come the "sleep report" I get sent to my computer indicates the number of apnea episode per hour each night but the data on my SD card shows "0" throughout. from my start date until last night in the AHI section of the report? I assume the data is that there have been NO apnea episodes, which is true, the daily sleep report or the data on my SD card?

Sorry, but I'm apparently not having as smooth sailing with this machine data collection which has me not knowing if I'm having ANY apnea episodes at all ?

I tried to attach the 40 days of data collected but for whatever reasons it's not sending the data to "screenshots", I have no idea where it's going to when I click the option to SAVE?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2017, 04:26 PM)bonjour Wrote: Looking at your chart your Machine is a "ResMed Airsense 10 CPAP"  you should change your profile to indicate which model of the airsense you have.

Be aware that this model does not provide detailed data.

Thanks for responding bonjour !

I'm at a loss as to what "model" you mean? I look at my machine and there is only a label reading Airsense 10 autoset.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a Resmed Airsense 10 which doesn't do data, and a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset that collects data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2017, 08:11 PM)Mogy Wrote: There is a Resmed Airsense 10 which doesn't do data, and a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset that collects data.

Thanks Mogy !

Yes, I have the airsense 10 autoset but I cannot figure out why the data shows 0 in the AHI column of the report from what was collected on the SD card?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2017, 09:20 PM)Raggaemon Wrote: .  .  . I cannot figure out why the data shows 0 in the AHI column of the report from what was collected on the SD card?

Make sure all Event Flags are active (Green) in the dropdown box in the lower left of the Daily graphs.  Also, look in File -> Preferences -> Events Tab and make sure they are also selected.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2017, 09:40 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(05-28-2017, 09:20 PM)Raggaemon Wrote: .  .  . I cannot figure out why the data shows 0 in the AHI column of the report from what was collected on the SD card?

Make sure all Event Flags are active (Green) in the dropdown box in the lower left of the Daily graphs.  Also, look in File -> Preferences -> Events Tab and make sure they are also selected.

Thanks for the reply Crimson Nape !

On my machine the FLAGS tab is inoperable, I'm attaching what I see after loading data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,357 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 930 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Anxiety/elevated HR at beginning of night Jskier 1 212 02-11-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,277 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Cpap for 4 month, worked in the beginning but not much now Killiane69 6 605 01-23-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Killiane69
  Dr. Steven Park details his UARS journey gainerfull 3 622 12-18-2023, 12:01 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  Twobigwheels - CPAP Therapy Journey Twobigwheels 34 1,206 11-27-2023, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.