Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] I've been using my CPAP for a few weeks, and I'm still exhausted. Looking for help.
RE: I've been using my CPAP for a few weeks, and I'm still exhausted. Looking for help.
I see how a min pressure of 11 might be advisable, and ends up being an EPAP of 8, which most nights is roughly where the machine reduces to before getting the flow resistance (FL and OA) signal to raise pressure.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I've been using my CPAP for a few weeks, and I'm still exhausted. Looking for help.
Hey everyone, sorry it's been a few days. My doctor ended up changing some settings without telling me, which evidently changed what I had entered, where they just raised the Max pressure to 15, as I was wondering why I wasn't noticing any difference after a few days. I've since had around 3 days at the new pressure, and also tried using a SCC. I would say both have helped, and have less flow limits from what I can tell. That being said, still tired but I do notice I fell overall not as bad. I know I'm going to need time with this to heal up, as it's been a while I've been dealing with lack of sleep. 

Complete side note though. So, my theory of why this popped up was from my orthodontic work that was done. I had an underbite that was corrected with elastics, and upon looking back at some old photos, I can literally see myself get more and more tired over around 6-8 months. Don't think I quite realized it at the time as I thought it was just stress from school. That being said, has anyone had any luck with MAD along with CPAP? I know there can potentially be problems with your bite down the road, but I thought it might be worth giving a shot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It’s 2023 now. Any updates?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 12 565 04-16-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Rising AHI the last couple of weeks Brimstone 7 239 04-12-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Brimstone
Sad [Pressure] Using BiPap Resmed Aircurve 10, still exhausted, good O2 Levels LordofKings 14 389 04-02-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: LordofKings
Question In the past 2-3 weeks, my AHI during afternoon nap rose to 20-40 tmrlhk 5 181 04-01-2024, 06:13 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Low AHI, Brain Fog, Exhausted Help Please alwaystired17 3 278 03-29-2024, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 235 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks NeedSleepPlease 46 1,718 03-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: NeedSleepPlease

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.