Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Beyond ASV with Overlap Syndrome!
RE: Beyond ASV with Overlap Syndrome!
Oh goody the square wave.

I see iVAPS is for those over 66 lbs. Check. Yep I'm about 66 lbs x 3.

Current ST-A machine with iVAPS has similar footprint to my ASV or other 10 Series. I wouldn't have to rearrange my hospital bedroom then. Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lolabove

I have a few more.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
And more

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info SR.

The Swiss Army knife with 42 blades. I recall somebody recently running PAC mode. I guess I shouldn't adjust one because I might inflate lungs. At least I'll know in advance if/when COPD gets a bit more aggressive that I'll still have therapy. I'm considering whether to push towards change sooner than later due to insurance modifications because SSDI is going to be decided soon and I'll be placed on Medicare. I may be too well to transition... This is a very hard balancing act, especially for a guy with a rollator.

Oh FWIW I'll post a proper image soon as my sinus infection allows. I'll skip over standard OSCAR views. I'll put TV MV ... What else that may indicate ST-A iVAPS?

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2019, 09:48 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Thanks for the info SR.

The Swiss Army knife with 42 blades. I recall somebody recently running PAC mode. I guess I shouldn't adjust one because I might inflate lungs. At least I'll know in advance if/when COPD gets a bit more aggressive that I'll still have therapy. I'm considering whether to push towards change sooner than later due to insurance modifications because SSDI is going to be decided soon and I'll be placed on Medicare. I may be too well to transition... This is a very hard balancing act, especially for a guy with a rollator.

Oh FWIW I'll post a proper image soon as my sinus infection allows. I'll skip over standard OSCAR views. I'll put TV MV ... What else that may indicate ST-A iVAPS?

Coffee

Still need flow rate and pressure or mask pressure.  We can wing it when the time comes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Copy. I'll get to the etch a sketch and give a nice pretty picture.

Huh maybe this sinus infection fighter med I took a few hours ago is doing something already...good breathing is a bit better but with a dash of extra loopiness, I'll probably leave the office a little early. G'night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2019, 06:42 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I'd say the same about this as Sleeprider in light of my recent research today. When needed, which seems to be approaching soon-ish, I'll make a ResMed ST-A with iVAPS choice one. It is possible I may be on POC before that transition.

The ST-A with iVAPS looks impressive and you have good a lot of good input on it above. 

Also mentioned above is another common option the Dreamstation AVAPS. On the Pressure side the PR DreamStation AVAPS has assured flow based on recent Tidal Peak flow which in theory might not be as good on responsiveness as iVAPS but I am not sure you would see it or care.  You might, you might not.  Beyond that the AVAPS has the Auto-Adjusting EPAP  like the VAuto and ASV and what looks like all the features available on other Dreamstation models except the AutoSV tech designed for CSR, the Aircurve ASV competitor. 

I have seen others qualifying for a COPD machine end up working with DMEs that send them home with two at the same time.  The ST-A and the PR DreamStation AVAPS.  I have seen others use each machine for 1-3 weeks and then be force to select one between the two.  If you get chance I would ask the Doc upfront to help write the prescription this way so that you are set up to be able to to try both machines and then select that machine that works best for you. 

Best of luck to you Dave!  Hope you find your new machine 'soul mate' without too much hassle.

WillSleep

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info willsleep
Post Reply Post Reply
OK keep in mind everything sleep oriented is way off kilter. I think the infection is playing havoc with my sleep routine and all that. I could only record about 90 min on the ASV a few hours ago. The problem I seem to encounter with mask on is vaguely like what it was on BPAP, the machines goals and mine aren't seeming to be on the same page in some way something like we're fighting one another at times, but without apnea events in high gear. I feel there's a tightness in breathing that reduces my breathing effort/input, at least it feels that way. This feeling happened at the same time as the month ago bronchitis episode and has not left. Lastly, I recall handling small negative pulmonary restrictions in things in the past, however now I don't feel as quick to bounce back from negative blips.

Any input on historical encounters with switching between machines in same E0471 code? If switching to ST-A iVAPS is started, should I want or expect titration? I'm pretty sure PSG shouldn't be needed I'd think. I'd prefer to stay ResMed if poss. unless medically needed to go otherwise.

Here's that 90 +/- min with OSCAR graphs in the following order:
Events, Flow Rate, Mask Pressure, Pressure, TV, MV, Resp Rate

[attachment=17341]
Post Reply Post Reply
Came across my pulmonary doctor's prescribed ASV settings which are a bit different than my own.

Dr. prescribed settings are
EPAP 13-20
PS 2-25
My ASV calculates IPAP by adding EPAP and PS, so this gives me IPAP 15-45!

My current
EPAP 8-13
PS 3-13
IPAP 11-26
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] I have TMJ Syndrome and mask straps can aggravate it. KStanLD 7 1,031 07-14-2023, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Uphold9887
  Do I have Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome (UARS)? 1g0tquestions 5 1,520 07-05-2021, 03:20 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Restlessness and Restless Leg Syndrome Brian T 14 3,165 12-24-2020, 04:07 PM
Last Post: StevesSp
  CPAP + Cushings Syndrome GWild 0 867 08-10-2019, 10:03 PM
Last Post: GWild
  Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) Zhaylin 9 2,163 10-31-2018, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Zhaylin
  My Theories on UARS (upper airway respiratory syndrome) fitmart 6 4,161 11-06-2017, 01:24 PM
Last Post: PsychoMike
  Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) Relief surferdude2 1 1,527 07-01-2016, 07:45 PM
Last Post: PoolQ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.