Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] BiPAP / AutoSV with largest possible water container
BiPAP / AutoSV with largest possible water container
I am currently using DeVilbiss IntelliPAP AutoBilevel DV57D-HH which has relatively small humidifier water container. I have to fill it up multiple times per night.

I need to buy new machine anyway (BiPAP / AutoSV) and I would like to have as large water container as possible. 

Can anybody recommend any device?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: BiPAP / AutoSV with largest possible water container
The easiest way to get more water capacity is to simply have a second humidifier chamber available to swap in. There have been some inventive people that designed supplemental reservoirs to feed water into the humidifier chamber. Maybe just start with the standard humidifier tray and see if it is enough capacity. Most of us don't have a problem with getting a full night of use out of the chamber. Since any design will be custom, it's hard to guide you without knowing the brand and model you will be getting.

You are changing to an ASV machine? Why?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I second sleeprider's suggestion, i ususallywake at least once a night and just keep the second filled tank right next to the machine.

But, recently i haven’t needed the second tank. I bought a warm moist air humidifier from costco and with it next to the bed i can sleep 10 hours and still wake with a quarter tank.

You may not have a costco there but here is the link to see what i am talking about

https://www.costco.com/homedics-warm/coo...81347.html
Post Reply Post Reply
I suppose you could have 2 humidifier tubs ready, modify one to have a container feed into it, or even use a Fisher & Paykel external humidifier model HC150 has a 480 ml tub versus a ResMed tub of 380 ml.

What I would not do is choose humidifier over best overall ASV, the ResMed AirCurve 10.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CSpring Water Tank PAPAstro 8 2,121 04-12-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: dean406
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 171 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 225 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,971 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,593 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 413 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 222 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.