Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] New to all this need advice
RE: New to all this need advice
Well it's been awhile and I looked at the charts for the last 6 months and noticed something, there are random nights where centrals spike. I also recently tried turning EPR up from a 1 to a 2, and that didn't work out well. The first chart is last night before I changed it back, and sure enough AHI was 2 something. 

The other charts are random nights of high centrals, which really concern me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
3 more

Post Reply Post Reply
OK a bit on CA events: these will almost always be consistently inconsistent, in other words they may crop up at any time unexpectedly. That is just how they act. Secondly, my experience says if possible, you should reduce pressure swings as much as you can to reduce the CA events from occurring. This includes Ramp and EPR will both need reduced or turned off. I would suggest removing Ramp from the equation and if possible, reducing EPR for a night or 2 to see what happens. Even so, results can be inconclusive due to that inconsistency factor.

I am going to guess that nights with high CA are less than good for rest. Think on this, how frequently have they happened in a weeks time? A month? If frequent, then I'm quite sure you are past the 3 months treatment emergent phase. How many CA occurred during the sleep study? If CA represented here are a frequent thing, you may need to consider other machine options and/or a new sleep study for ASV to discuss with the doc, especially if these CA laden nights cause problems.

If CA are a big problem, an ASV is the only treatment option. Other machines can be set to avoid some CA, but I don't think all can be avoided. Just note I'm not saying ASV IS needed, I'm saying generically an ASV treats CA that aren't treatment emergent because TE CA should diminish within 3 months.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
does OSCAR run on a Google Chromebook?
Post Reply Post Reply
See this Wiki: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Chrome_OS
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2020, 09:21 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: OK a bit on CA events: these will almost always be consistently inconsistent, in other words they may crop up at any time unexpectedly. That is just how they act. Secondly, my experience says if possible, you should reduce pressure swings as much as you can to reduce the CA events from occurring. This includes Ramp and EPR will both need reduced or turned off. I would suggest removing Ramp from the equation and if possible, reducing EPR for a night or 2 to see what happens. Even so, results can be inconclusive due to that inconsistency factor.

I am going to guess that nights with high CA are less than good for rest. Think on this, how frequently have they happened in a weeks time? A month? If frequent, then I'm quite sure you are past the 3 months treatment emergent phase. How many CA occurred during the sleep study? If CA represented here are a frequent thing, you may need to consider other machine options and/or a new sleep study for ASV to discuss with the doc, especially if these CA laden nights cause problems.

If CA are a big problem, an ASV is the only treatment option. Other machines can be set to avoid some CA, but I don't think all can be avoided. Just note I'm not saying ASV IS needed, I'm saying generically an ASV treats CA that aren't treatment emergent because TE CA should diminish within 3 months.

It looks like a few times a month they make up most of the AHI

Here are a few screenshots since turning Ramp off. I think the CA are whats causing me to wake middle of night, sometimes I cant go back to bed after.

Post Reply Post Reply
Not bad via the numbers, but overall now what counts is how you feel. Me, I could probably live with your results minus your disturbance of sleep symptom. If you say events are a disturbance, I'm not here to dispute it.

I'd suggest getting a sleep diary of sorts. Note the variable things on the nights where disturbances were in effect. Compare the variable stuff from a bad to a good/less disturbed night. Try to find a cause for it and then counteract it if you can. By variable stuff, it could really be anything. Examples, most nights I don't eat pizza at midnight, acid reflux was acting up night X, I had this happen Friday, I had a cold/allergies were high yesterday etc. and whatever it was maybe caused disturbances in sleep.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I'll keep a notebook by my bed and write down the date and any notable variables. I will also try to recall what time(s) I wakeup, although I have to say that if I look at the time it's less likely I can go back to sleep..."Well it's already 4am so I don't want to oversleep". 

I also turned off EPR to see if that helps keep the CA down some.

I will report back in a couple weeks, thank you for the suggestion!
Post Reply Post Reply
If you want, you may post something from OSCAR and the answer to "how do you feel?" while maintaining focus specific to sleeping and therapy after a single night. There should be some aspect that will warrant guidance, feedback, and/or suggestions with this data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck with your therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2 Night on CPAP! Need Advice ed2397 1 111 04-23-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 24 1,065 04-22-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 200 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,612 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 355 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 512 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 320 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.