Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Big surprise today...AHI 0.0
Question 
Big surprise today...AHI 0.0
When I checked out my results today on Oscar, it shows an AHI of zero.  My 6 month average is just over 2, so I do sometimes have numbers less than 1. But I've been on CPAP almost 5 years and have never seen a big fat zero or anything close to it, so I'm suspicious. Is it for real? Should I expect to see a zero at times?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Big surprise today...AHI 0.0
Unless you had a lot of large leaks, the 0.0 is real. I would say we shouldn't expect zeroes, but they do happen sometimes. Take it!
Post Reply Post Reply
I will!  Not totally clear on the leak rate. The numbers seem on the high side, but looking back through my daily results on days with similar leak rate numbers the AHI was not even close to zero. I'm going to take this zero and love it!

Thanks for your quick response!

Mary Ann
Post Reply Post Reply
Or you could post a screenshot of the daily page in OSCAR so we can advise if your leak rate is an issue.

And congrats on the 0.0 AHI. I haven't seen one in a long time.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Had forgotten how to post my charts, but found the instructions using the link in your signature. Good job to whomever wrote them!

I have had some leak issues. I did a dumb thing when I did my thorough CPAP cleaning last week. I must have still been asleep! I removed the nasal pillow and put it in the soapy water in the sink, then opened the package with the new nasal pillow and threw it in the sink. Realized what I had done right after and tried to identify which was the newer one, but they looked about the same. I switched them out for a couple of nights, but I couldn't see much difference, maybe because the old one was just over 2 weeks old. But it seems like I've had more leaking since then. Time to switch to a new one again in a few days, so unless I do something dumb again, I'll be set as far as the nasal pillow goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, golly!  Not seeing my chart.  I'm trying again.    
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks great!
Post Reply Post Reply
I had 0.0 just once. They are for real and make for a happy day!
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
You are right! It has made for a good day.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 16 816 02-08-2024, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Surprised [CPAP] ASV Surprise Run of CA PilotoLoco 3 468 04-30-2023, 07:46 AM
  Getting New Aircurve 10 Bilevel today slam7241 13 1,174 09-11-2022, 09:17 PM
  My silly question for today. David Clark 9 963 03-30-2022, 11:30 AM
Last Post: RayBee
  Got a Luna cpap today and don’t know why ? Makai1959 10 4,107 12-03-2021, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Just got a new machine today, Airsense 11 ! jellojeep 2 953 10-09-2021, 09:00 PM
Last Post: jellojeep
  Sleep apnea surprise diagnosis Suzanne144000 3 740 09-22-2021, 08:48 AM
Last Post: factor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.