Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP, Bipap or Bipap ASV?
RE: CPAP, Bipap or Bipap ASV?
I have ResMed Autoset Sprit S7 not S8 model. I have 4 available option for mask type: Standard, Ultra, Mirage, Mirage Full. There is no option for pillow mask. I am using "Mirage Swift™ Original Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask" which has been discontinued and ResMed replaced it with "Mirage Swift™ II Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask"

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2016, 08:11 PM)thasan26 Wrote: I have ResMed Autoset Sprit S7 not S8 model. I have 4 available option for mask type: Standard, Ultra, Mirage, Mirage Full. There is no option for pillow mask. I am using "Mirage Swift™ Original Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask" which has been discontinued and ResMed replaced it with "Mirage Swift™ II Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask"

I think what you want to do is find out from your user's manual what the expected leak rate for the nasal pillows mask you are using is. Then find a mask on the settings that are available to you that have a similar leak rate at your pressure and use that setting.

How long have you been using your Mirage Swift™ Original Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask? In particular, how long have you been using the same set of pillows? They do wear out and one sign that a mask is wearing out is a higher than expected leak rate.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2016, 11:15 AM)robysue Wrote:
(05-02-2016, 08:11 PM)thasan26 Wrote: I have ResMed Autoset Sprit S7 not S8 model. I have 4 available option for mask type: Standard, Ultra, Mirage, Mirage Full. There is no option for pillow mask. I am using "Mirage Swift™ Original Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask" which has been discontinued and ResMed replaced it with "Mirage Swift™ II Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask"

I think what you want to do is find out from your user's manual what the expected leak rate for the nasal pillows mask you are using is. Then find a mask on the settings that are available to you that have a similar leak rate at your pressure and use that setting.

How long have you been using your Mirage Swift™ Original Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask? In particular, how long have you been using the same set of pillows? They do wear out and one sign that a mask is wearing out is a higher than expected leak rate.

Thanks for the tips. My current mask is old. Since, I am in the process of getting new machine, I did not get a replacement mask for insurance purposes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 1 76 3 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 968 Today, 03:24 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 136 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 112 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 625 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 197 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 590 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.