Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP, Bipap or Bipap ASV?
I have ResMed Autoset Sprit S7 not S8 model. I have 4 available option for mask type: Standard, Ultra, Mirage, Mirage Full. There is no option for pillow mask. I am using "Mirage Swift™ Original Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask" which has been discontinued and ResMed replaced it with "Mirage Swift™ II Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask"

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(05-02-2016, 08:11 PM)thasan26 Wrote: I have ResMed Autoset Sprit S7 not S8 model. I have 4 available option for mask type: Standard, Ultra, Mirage, Mirage Full. There is no option for pillow mask. I am using "Mirage Swift™ Original Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask" which has been discontinued and ResMed replaced it with "Mirage Swift™ II Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask"

I think what you want to do is find out from your user's manual what the expected leak rate for the nasal pillows mask you are using is. Then find a mask on the settings that are available to you that have a similar leak rate at your pressure and use that setting.

How long have you been using your Mirage Swift™ Original Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask? In particular, how long have you been using the same set of pillows? They do wear out and one sign that a mask is wearing out is a higher than expected leak rate.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2016, 11:15 AM)robysue Wrote:
(05-02-2016, 08:11 PM)thasan26 Wrote: I have ResMed Autoset Sprit S7 not S8 model. I have 4 available option for mask type: Standard, Ultra, Mirage, Mirage Full. There is no option for pillow mask. I am using "Mirage Swift™ Original Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask" which has been discontinued and ResMed replaced it with "Mirage Swift™ II Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask"

I think what you want to do is find out from your user's manual what the expected leak rate for the nasal pillows mask you are using is. Then find a mask on the settings that are available to you that have a similar leak rate at your pressure and use that setting.

How long have you been using your Mirage Swift™ Original Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask? In particular, how long have you been using the same set of pillows? They do wear out and one sign that a mask is wearing out is a higher than expected leak rate.

Thanks for the tips. My current mask is old. Since, I am in the process of getting new machine, I did not get a replacement mask for insurance purposes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Help! My bipap experience has gone off the rails! wubisnotanabbreviation 15 336 09-18-2018, 04:56 PM
Last Post: wubisnotanabbreviation
  Need Help With Recommendation on a 12VDC ? 120VAC Type Cpap Bipap for Camping Asparky 21 574 08-31-2018, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Sleepyhead for Dreamstation BiPap ASV advanced RLSdss 3 158 08-29-2018, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [split] Dreamstation BiPAP not heating DesertGuy 2 174 08-22-2018, 05:50 AM
Last Post: CapeMayDan
  Life Expectancy of RESPIRONICS Bipap auto SVadvanced Glen Po 1 137 08-21-2018, 09:53 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  New bipap- help! OceanChild 10 370 08-20-2018, 08:29 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ASV op BIPAP- which one? Glamdrhel 67 3,112 08-17-2018, 09:04 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94