Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Swift Original Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask
Humidifier: Resmed 2i
CPAP Pressure: 5-15
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: CPAP, Bipap or Bipap ASV?
I have ResMed Autoset Sprit S7 not S8 model. I have 4 available option for mask type: Standard, Ultra, Mirage, Mirage Full. There is no option for pillow mask. I am using "Mirage Swift™ Original Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask" which has been discontinued and ResMed replaced it with "Mirage Swift™ II Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask"
05-02-2016 08:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
robysue Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: PR Dreamstation BiPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: Swift FX
Humidifier: PR Dreamstation humidfier
CPAP Pressure: min EPAP = 4; max IPAP = 9;
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic EncorePro

Other Comments: Papping since September 2010

Sex: Female

(05-02-2016 08:11 PM)thasan26 Wrote:  I have ResMed Autoset Sprit S7 not S8 model. I have 4 available option for mask type: Standard, Ultra, Mirage, Mirage Full. There is no option for pillow mask. I am using "Mirage Swift™ Original Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask" which has been discontinued and ResMed replaced it with "Mirage Swift™ II Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask"

I think what you want to do is find out from your user's manual what the expected leak rate for the nasal pillows mask you are using is. Then find a mask on the settings that are available to you that have a similar leak rate at your pressure and use that setting.

How long have you been using your Mirage Swift™ Original Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask? In particular, how long have you been using the same set of pillows? They do wear out and one sign that a mask is wearing out is a higher than expected leak rate.

Questions about SleepyHead?
See my Guide to SleepyHead
05-03-2016 11:15 AM
thasan26 Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed AutoSet Spirit
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Swift Original Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask
Humidifier: Resmed 2i
CPAP Pressure: 5-15
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

(05-03-2016 11:15 AM)robysue Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 08:11 PM)thasan26 Wrote:  I have ResMed Autoset Sprit S7 not S8 model. I have 4 available option for mask type: Standard, Ultra, Mirage, Mirage Full. There is no option for pillow mask. I am using "Mirage Swift™ Original Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask" which has been discontinued and ResMed replaced it with "Mirage Swift™ II Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask"

I think what you want to do is find out from your user's manual what the expected leak rate for the nasal pillows mask you are using is. Then find a mask on the settings that are available to you that have a similar leak rate at your pressure and use that setting.

How long have you been using your Mirage Swift™ Original Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask? In particular, how long have you been using the same set of pillows? They do wear out and one sign that a mask is wearing out is a higher than expected leak rate.

Thanks for the tips. My current mask is old. Since, I am in the process of getting new machine, I did not get a replacement mask for insurance purposes.
05-03-2016 11:54 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New User Problem with BiPAP AVAPS - Part 1 jmayer180 35 1,270 11-27-2016 09:50 AM
Last Post: jmayer180
  First time Bipap User, years of suffering SleepyMersim 18 630 11-16-2016 11:46 PM
Last Post: Galactus
Question BiPAP vs EPR/Flex etc? SleepyBee 7 262 11-13-2016 08:52 PM
Last Post: Galactus
  [Equipment] Annoying on/off beep on Respironics BIPAP S/T C series rcattell 8 338 11-06-2016 12:07 PM
Last Post: rcattell
  Blood sugar issues after treating apnea with BIPAP Gugliano 7 416 10-21-2016 01:59 PM
Last Post: southerndoc
  Can’t get to sleep with the BiPAP machine. StrugglinginOhio 26 1,519 10-20-2016 03:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  BiPAP ST Rx: Back up rate=0 jgoole 3 233 10-10-2016 11:35 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider