Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Zest
Humidifier: resmed h5i
CPAP Pressure: 10 H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
Angry Buying a machine
I'd like to mention my experience with Supplier #2 from the list posted here.

I placed an order for several things, made the appropriate payment and then sat back waiting for my shipment, only to be contacted just now, 4 days later, to be advised that my order cannot be processed unless I pay another $51 in shipping costs. The reason given is that the website checkout isn't capable of processing orders correctly that contain more than one CPAP machine (I ordered a little travel backup as well).

While an additional $51 doesn't sound much, its disappointing to find that there is no integrity in the quoted shipping costs, and no warning message on the website to alert customers, or alternatively a confirmation of full costs and charges before payment must be made.
04-08-2013 04:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

RE: Buying a machine
(04-08-2013 04:08 PM)sidetwists Wrote:  The reason given is that the website checkout isn't capable of processing orders correctly that contain more than one CPAP machine (I ordered a little travel backup as well).
Its unfortunate you have to pay extra for shipping but one can understand their reason which is not unreasonable to pay shipping cost on the second machine. Keep in mind they,re small company operate the business on shoestrings to keep their prices down

I've used them also Supplier #10 and don,t hesitate to recommend them
Both ship Resmed products overseas and find them extremely helpful
04-08-2013 05:26 PM
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

Hi sidetwists,
I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

trish6hundred
04-08-2013 06:03 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
JJJ Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Most recent: Wisp, Pilairo, Mirage Vista
Humidifier: ResMed S9 Autoset
CPAP Pressure: 17-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(04-08-2013 04:08 PM)sidetwists Wrote:  I'd like to mention my experience with Supplier #2 from the list posted here.
I placed an order for several things, made the appropriate payment and then sat back waiting for my shipment, only to be contacted just now, 4 days later, to be advised that my order cannot be processed unless I pay another $51 in shipping costs. The reason given is that the website checkout isn't capable of processing orders correctly that contain more than one CPAP machine (I ordered a little travel backup as well).
While an additional $51 doesn't sound much, its disappointing to find that there is no integrity in the quoted shipping costs, and no warning message on the website to alert customers, or alternatively a confirmation of full costs and charges before payment must be made.

I have seen dozens of reports here of excellent service from Supplier #2 (including my own experience), and yours is the first negative post.

Have you communicated your displeasure to them? If their website misrepresents then they need to change it.But if you haven't told them they may not be aware of it.
04-08-2013 08:40 PM
sidetwists Offline

Members

Machine: resmed s9 autoset
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Zest
Humidifier: resmed h5i
CPAP Pressure: 10 H2O

Other Comments:

Smile RE: Buying a machine
(04-08-2013 08:40 PM)JJJ Wrote:  
(04-08-2013 04:08 PM)sidetwists Wrote:  I'd like to mention my experience with Supplier #2 from the list posted here.

I have seen dozens of reports here of excellent service from Supplier #2 (including my own experience), and yours is the first negative post.

Have you communicated your displeasure to them? If their website misrepresents then they need to change it.But if you haven't told them they may not be aware of it.

Yes I have. And have just received a response thanking me for my feedback and advising that they will meet with their operations manager tomorrow to see what can be done to improve this and create a more informed checkout experience for international customers.

Its not the $51 - it is a relatively small increase in relation to overall cost and I would still pay excessively more back here - its being quoted one thing and then told another after placing the order and making payment, and the resulting delay because a new invoice needs to be issued, payment cleared again etc etc. In my book that is misleading and not good business practice. But they're addressing it so its all good.

I just wanted international customers like myself to be aware of this - ensure you are quoted the full cost with all charges before deciding to go ahead with your order. As the company offers free shipping within the US it doesn't affect a lot of people on these boards I'd presume :-)
04-09-2013 03:07 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Labrat0116 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: RESPIRONICS DS950HS SV System One 50 Series
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Quattro
Humidifier: RESPIRONICS
CPAP Pressure: 7-15

Other Comments: Complex (Central and Obstructive) Sleep Apnea, Type 2 Diabetic

(04-08-2013 04:08 PM)sidetwists Wrote:  I placed an order for several things, made the appropriate payment and then sat back waiting for my shipment, only to be contacted just now, 4 days later, to be advised that my order cannot be processed unless I pay another $51 in shipping costs.

The reason given is that the website checkout isn't capable of processing orders correctly that contain more than one CPAP machine (I ordered a little travel backup as well).

That is just wrong and p*** poor Customer Service making a customer pay for their mistake!

It's not the Customer's fault their website is fubbed up and can't calculate the accurate Shipping Costs!

That really does show a lack of integrity on their part.
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2013 11:06 AM by Labrat0116.)
04-09-2013 11:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 85 15,282 11-21-2016 10:26 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  HELP BUYING AN ASV MACHINE Johnny Bravo 16 908 11-01-2016 03:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 2 6,160 10-12-2016 11:37 AM
Last Post: DariaVader
  Buying a new CPAP...Airsense 10 or Autoset?? kurtb2000 6 1,289 03-30-2016 03:41 PM
Last Post: bwexler
  [CPAP] Advice for buying new machine and mask thebottomclef 15 1,635 02-05-2016 09:29 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  question about buying travel machine moretti 6 1,197 11-01-2015 02:40 PM
Last Post: PoolQ
  Buying CPAP online from the U.S.? tml678 11 2,300 08-11-2015 04:42 PM
Last Post: zonk