Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help interpretating my OSCAR results
Need help interpretating my OSCAR results
For context I am a 24 yr old male who has been using CPAP/APAP for over 2 years. I have stuck to the same machine that I began with, the nasal pillows p10 and airsense resmed 10.

Every night I am able to stay asleep for at least 4+ hours, sometimes all night, and I have the entire room in blackout curtains and good temperature. Humidity is also decent and I have a full cpap humidifier I set every night before I go to bed with distilled water.

Unfortunately, ever since I was diagnosed and got prescribed the machine, I have not felt "significantly lifechanging improvement" to my sleep, many/often times waking up after a supposedly full nights rest exhausted and unmotivated to do anything. 

This has been a real pain knowing I have used the CPAP for this long and still have troubles with probable sleep apnea, so want to check with others on places I can improve with my results. Please let me know what other results I should show for further details.

Undiagnosed AHI was 35 for the take-home sleep study. After that they diagnosed me with sleep apnea and provided the airsense resmed 10 soon after.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help interpretating my OSCAR results
More context: i usually sleep for 7-9 hours every night no matter the interruptions, and my schedule is sometimes all over the place unfortunately (but even when the schedule is correct I don't feel any better)
Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
    Here is another image of the specific few minutes of using the CPAP. Not sure if the graph is good or if I'm struggling for air
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m not an expert but you sure have a lot of brief leak spikes. I’d guess you are either opening your mouth, or mashing your face into your pillow.

Do you use a chinstrap or mouth tape?

Leaks sometimes wake me up so if my graph looked like yours I’d be briefly waking up over and over.
Post Reply Post Reply
>Do you use a chinstrap or mouth tape?
I don't

>Leaks sometimes wake me up so if my graph looked like yours I’d be briefly waking up over and over.
possibly, but is using mouth tape safe with a CPAP? What if the CPAP loses power during the night? Isn't there a risk of suffocation?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you aren’t comfortable with the idea of taping then try a chinstrap or soft cervical collar.

I tape most nights with cover roll stretch tape and it works well for me. The tape is not so strong that I couldn’t open my mouth in an emergency, and I fold a corner over so it’s easy to get off in a hurry if something required me to do so.

Chinstraps and cervical collars can also work great for many people.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 180 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 131 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,178 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 473 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.