Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] CENTRAL APNEA
RE: CENTRAL APNEA
Saw a partner of the doctor that I see for sleep study results. Big mistake!! This jerk even lied about how many centrals that I had. He said that I had three and when I read the technical report, it didn't say anything about central apneas as opposed to obstructive apneas. Obviously, it was a bad report or bad test.

In the report it said apparently, I had no REM periods during my mslt test, so I was diagnosed with idiopathic CNS hypersomnia. My sleep cycles were way off. In the next sentence, they say that they wanted to put narcolepsy down but couldn't but that I should have further testing (especially HLA) and patient history. The substitute doctor didn't even mention anything to help the sleep cycles or HLA testing. I had to beg him to do that! Needless to say, I will be seeing the doctor that I like.
:Using cpap then vpap since Feb.2013,
Kate
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2013, 10:43 PM)Kate Wrote: Saw a partner of the doctor that I see for sleep study results. Big mistake!! This jerk even lied about how many centrals that I had. He said that I had three and when I read the technical report, it didn't say anything about central apneas as opposed to obstructive apneas. Obviously, it was a bad report or bad test.

In the report it said apparently, I had no REM periods during my mslt test, so I was diagnosed with idiopathic CNS hypersomnia. My sleep cycles were way off. In the next sentence, they say that they wanted to put narcolepsy down but couldn't but that I should have further testing (especially HLA) and patient history. The substitute doctor didn't even mention anything to help the sleep cycles or HLA testing. I had to beg him to do that! Needless to say, I will be seeing the doctor that I like.

I am kind of confused. Did you get a copy of your sleep study? Can you post the data plots that say how many events you had at what pressure? If you didn't get a copy of your FULL sleep study results, ask for it! Hope this helps a little.
Post Reply Post Reply
I asked for the technical report that the doctor got. I'm not sure about what the plots are but there was nothing but a little paragraph. Nothing like the software that comes with this site. The paragraph was not much more than more than what I wrote.
Kate
Post Reply Post Reply
where did you have your sleep study done? I would go there and sign a medical release form to get the full sleep study report. What you posted is not your sleep study report but perhaps a conclusion to that report. After you posted, I was reading a book that robysue had mentioned and it talked about idiopathic hypersomnia. This is an example of a data plot that I mentioned.

[attachment=605]
Post Reply Post Reply
Which Resmed machine do you have? What does your data show other than the centrals? Have you had the centrals for the 9 months that you have used your machine? What are your leaks like?

I don't know where you live, but, if you are in the U.S., you will be required to be insured in the marketplace or have some kind of insurance coverage.
Post Reply Post Reply
My sleep study showed that I needed an ASV unit and I got mine from Resmed. My mslt was inconclusive but my doctor ran a genetic test and it showed narcolepsy. Oh, joy...now I know why I loose things and I want to sleep a lot. Who knew, I'm not lazy after all!!
Kate
Post Reply Post Reply
Gross 
Help; My Humidifier Runs Out

I fill up my humidifier at night and by morning, it's bone dry. It's run out during the night and when I wake up I have a migraine from unhumidified air blowing in my face. I have tried using another humidifier....nothing. Checked all the settings and they are the same as they have been for the last ten months.

The only thing that is different is my new bilevel ASV machine.

Hate-cpap Kate
Kate
Post Reply Post Reply
Since changing to bipap auto. It has helped along. Only prob is a very dry peeling nose. I use a and d ointment. My pressures are 23 and 18. It's easy to get to sleep but wake up in 4-5 hours. I feel refreshed but know I should try to sleep longer.
Post Reply Post Reply
I sleep 10 hours but don't wake up refreshed at all! I wish that I woke up after 4-5 hours!!!!

Kate
Kate
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 571 4 hours ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,517 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,399 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 859 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 269 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.