Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP CLEANER
CPAP CLEANER
I've had a resmed autosense 10 for about 5 weeks and I'm doing well with it. See screenshot. I keep seeing ads for a cpap cleaner that you just put all the equipment in it and it cleans everything. They are kind of expensive. What is the consensus about the machine? Would medicare pay for it? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP CLEANER
If you look below there are plenty of threads on them. As far as medicare, No they don't cover cpap cleaners.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
The general consensus here is that the ozone "cleaners", like So Clean, will kill bacteria and fungus on the surface but do not clean the machine of dirt and residue so a traditional soap and water cleaning is still necessary. It's been a debate that the ozone "cleaners" will actually harm some plastic materials within your CPAP machine as ozone by its very nature is an intense oxidant. I would not personally invest my dollars into one of these products. A lot of dish liquid can be purchased for 300 bucks. Money might be even better spent on a backup machine for travel or emergency use.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Show me any CPAP manufacturer that recommends cleaning with an ozone generator. Betcha can't find one.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all for the info
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using a CPAP ozone cleaner for about 6 months with no problems. Easy to use and no colds or sinus issues since using. Works well for me because I tend to get behind on doing a thorough job on cleaning my mask and machine with soap and water.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2018, 04:42 PM)klinkerman Wrote: I've been using a CPAP ozone cleaner for about 6 months with no problems. Easy to use and no colds or sinus issues since using. Works well for me because I tend to get behind on doing a thorough job on cleaning my mask and machine with soap and water.

I have been using occasional soap and water for the last 6-years, but mostly I just rinse the humidifier tank.  No colds or sinus issues, so it works for me, and I saved $300+.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ozone is a nasty chemical when concentrated. There are chemical additives to protect the rubber in the tires on your car from ozone degradation. I'm not going to pump concentrated amounts of ozone through a machine that has to last me five years.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Even the cpap companies don't recommend those cleaners. Unnecessary.
Post Reply Post Reply
My CPAP cleaner comes out of a faucet and a bottle:

[Image: IMG_8845.jpg]
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VirtuClean CPAP Ozone Cleaner moondoggy 16 4,526 03-08-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Purdoux [CPAP mask & hose cleaner] Mrzocor 2 587 06-24-2023, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Mrzocor
  New CPAP cleaner djfro 3 717 03-22-2023, 07:40 AM
Last Post: djfro
  [Equipment] CPAP cleaner recommendation smallur 14 3,957 09-22-2021, 08:11 PM
Last Post: archangle
  Resmed auto sense10 sounds like vacuum cleaner Beaumont1124 3 2,494 11-27-2020, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Mercergirl
  CPAP cleaner Respify [anyone buy this?] purpleh2 27 38,412 03-29-2020, 10:55 PM
Last Post: 70sSanO
Question [Equipment] SLEEP8 CPAP CLEANER srlevine1 4 2,533 05-18-2019, 10:32 PM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.