Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] CPAP, BPAP, or ASV to start with eye towards TECSA
RE: CPAP, BPAP, or ASV to start with eye towards TECSA
Looking at your sleep study there is a CA score of 5.1 which means you may end up with a CA score of 5 or more on a APAP machine. But they would not do anything else than follow the process so we may be lucky that we do not see any CA’s when on an APAP but you may still have a treated AHI of 5 or night with the majority of events being Central in nature we don’t know and will need monitoring. Just make sure you get a Resmed Autoset machine and we will see going further.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great! I'm going to work towards obtaining the AirCurve 10 VAuto. I'll arm myself by reading your Wiki on dealing with DME first while I wait to hear back from my insurance company to see if I can work through them.  

Thanks again for your help. The apneaboard is indeed a phenomenal resource.
Post Reply Post Reply
My adventures with PAP will begin tomorrow when my AirCurve10 VAuto arrives. I've scrutinized the clinical manual you provided. Love this stuff.

Before I set upon the path of adjusting settings in response to the data yielded by the machine during treatment, I would like to establish an almost pretreatment baseline using the machine more as a diagnostic device rather than as a therapeutic one. The concept is similar to titrating from the bottom up, but the immediate purpose is to learn what the machine (as opposed to the HST with the WatchPat300) reports as my pathology.  I’m thinking that a more piecemeal approach to altering parameters may help to maintain clarity in identifying to what degree any events of central apnea or hypopnea are emergent with treatment, rather than inherent. A slower start, but perhaps better in the long run.

My thought is to start off in CPAP mode with pressure of 6 cmH2O, enough to maintain the mask seal and prevent air hunger. Not sure if I should use any EPR or Ramp. I’ll use the humidification on auto.

Am I being a perversely obsessive nerd in starting off this way, rather than just diving into VAuto Bilevel mode with a plethora of comforting features activated? Doubtless the respiratory therapist (whose supervision is part of the support package from the vendor) upon seeing the results will think I'm a nutcase, but he likely already does.

Any suggestions on the concept of on the particulars?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Your Sleep Study more than adequately stated the need for a device. I'd just jump in and post the resulting daily screenshot, see the organization and attachment links in my signature.
No matter where you start we will rapidly get you to where you need to be.
Post Reply Post Reply
otoh, I get the obsessive nerd part, and while unnecessary, it might be a fun learning experience for you to do something like what you describe. just be aware that it won't be a baseline like your sleep test because the machine will provide some therapy even at it's lowest settings.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Diagnosis] Moved from APAP to BPAP and struggling Spicykielbasa 1 225 03-10-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Spicykielbasa
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,283 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Help with new bilevel titration and TECSA ATeam91 3 521 11-26-2023, 11:47 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Need to start CPAP and feeling overwhelmed shipofools999 11 1,190 10-06-2023, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Fabby
  DreamStation Auto Initial Start-up WilliamZ 3 503 09-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  How do I make the case for BPAP? SleepingFish 18 1,293 08-29-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Should I start CPAP? brianstermat09 3 516 08-24-2023, 04:00 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.