Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] CPAP EN BATTERY KRAG
CPAP EN BATTERY KRAG
Goeie more. Ek soek raad by iemand. Ek slaap met die S9 CPAP en het geen apnee simptome meer nie. Ek gaan oor 2 weke op 'n "house boat" saam my vrou en sal vir 4 nagte afhanklik wees van die 12V krag op die boot asook my eie 50 Ah battery. Ek het 'n 1000W " inverter ". Kan iemand vir my sê of hierdie opset voldoende sal wees? Ek gebruik die CPAP ongeveer 6 - 7 ure per nag. Baie dankie, Frik le Roux.

Moderator Nota: Volgens ons reëls, alle plasings gemaak moet word in die Engelse taal. Hier is die vertaling van jou pos via Google Translate. In die toekoms, vertaal asseblief jou poste in Engels voordat jy. Dankie.

Moderator Note:
According to our rules, all posts must be made in the English language. Below is the translation of your post via Google Translate. In the future, please translate your posts into English before posting. Thank you.

Translation of your post from Afrikaans into English:

Good morning. I'm looking for advice from anyone. I sleep with the S9 CPAP and have no apnea symptoms. I went about two weeks on a "houseboat" My wife and will for four nights depend on the 12V power on the boat as well as my own 50 Ah battery. I have a 1000W "inverter". Can anyone tell me if this setup will be sufficient? I use the CPAP about 6-7 hours per night. Thank you, Frederick le Roux.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP EN BATTERY KRAG
It would help if you could ask this in English, I think for most of us our Dutch is a bit rusty. I glean that the problem is the power converter for a battery for your S9, and if one of us could point you in the right direction.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Frik le Roux,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
1) The power consumption of the machine is likely on the bottom. It might be in Volts and Amperes.
2) Since you are using an inverter, that means you are going to boost the 12V battery up to either 120V or 240V and use the Power brick.
3) A 1000 Watt converter will be inefficient -- factor in 50%
4) The battery cannot be fully discharged -- factor another 50%
5) You have a 50AH battery (plus the boat which is likely in the same rating.)
6) Factoring in the derating to 25%, you can produced 12 Watts for 12.5 hours; or 24 Watts for 6.25 hours -- scale according to the power requirements of your machine.
7) a Power "converter" (12V to 24V) would be more efficient that a 1000 Watt inverter.
8) You need more battery for 4 nights; or the ability to charge during daytime.

Jy moet 'n groter battery.
'N 1000 watt inverter is baie ondoeltreffend.

I can write this in Deutsch; but not Dutch. Many people in the Netherlands sprechen Deutsch.
Sie sprechen Deutsch? edit: Oops,the language is Afrikaans -- a language of Germanic-Dutch origin. South Africa perhaps?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 6 77 11 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,326 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,816 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 248 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
Question [Equipment] Proprietary Dreamstation Battery Cables? NorthernGuy 25 11,437 01-19-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Pastrywagon
  Resmed A10 Motherboard Battery BKeeper 21 3,498 01-08-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Battery pack for Resmed Airsense 10 Jantoe 15 3,884 12-07-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.