Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] CPAP Motor/blower
CPAP Motor/blower
I have a ResMed Sullivan V Elite CPAP. The blower motor has failed its bearings. The motor and impeller are easy enough to replace. I would like to get a replacement motor for the unit and then use this machine as a backup. Before the bearing failure, the unit worked perfectly. Any suggestions as to where to proceed?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Motor/blower
Hi Yaledmot,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't know the answer but hang in there for suggestions and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
They don't sell repair parts. So, unless you find someone with a defunct unit where the blower isn't the problem, you likely cannot get the part.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-29-2014, 09:55 PM)Yaledmot Wrote: I have a ResMed Sullivan V Elite CPAP. The blower motor has failed its bearings. The motor and impeller are easy enough to replace. I would like to get a replacement motor for the unit and then use this machine as a backup. Before the bearing failure, the unit worked perfectly. Any suggestions as to where to proceed?

There are shops that rebuild motors, but it's likely to cost you several hundred dollars.

Post Reply Post Reply
The Sullivan V is a very old machine. Instead of throwing money at a machine that is likely to fail in other areas soon, I would suggest you consider purchasing a newer unit. You can get a new XT Fit CPAP for $189 or a new PR System One DS150 for only $248 from Supplier #1. If you don't mind purchasing a used Machine, Supplier #2 on the Supplier List is currently offering several gently used machines for less than $300, and a couple for less than $200.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Suppliers #27 and #28 can advise you on CPAP repairs. Your best bet is to find another one of those machines and salvage the parts you need.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

On the other hand, CPAP machine technology has advanced quite a bit and it would be better to simply get a newer machine. Usually you can get a very good used one on craigslist at a very reasonable price.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,903 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  S9 Blower Motor vk3hjq 105 16,364 01-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Julio Bigtime
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 276 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Life of motor exceeded, Resmed S9 Reptile 13 12,262 01-21-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
Question [CPAP] Reset motor run hours after new motor djforrestidaho 9 811 12-06-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  S9/AS10 Blower Motor Tester vk3hjq 7 1,882 12-03-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: FaceInTheCrowd
  Motor Life Exceeded, at 21,900 hours Aircurve 10 Vauto Sleeprider 52 7,317 10-08-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.