Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aircurve 10 vpapauto use experiences
RE: Aircurve 10 vpapauto use experiences
You need to be careful when doing things like making judgements from watching horizontal bars. The machine makes much more accurate decisions than that horizontal bar is capable of showing and you may be fooling yourself. The bar registers flow not pressure.

First, the flow will reduce (bar gets shorter) before your inhale is done because the flow is reducing while your inhaled is ending. Take a good look at your flow rate chart at a good enlargement. You will see that the flow rate reduces substantially before you go into exhale.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2016, 11:29 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: What are your current settings? It appears you are in Auto mode with min EPAP 5.0, Max IPAP 13 and PS 3.0.

sleeprider just wanted to share last nights numbers, I have NEVER had these numbers in the past 9 months, though I felt a little bloated last night. take a look at last nights readings.

[attachment=2174]
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2016, 10:09 AM)ckingzzzs Wrote: sleeprider just wanted to share last nights numbers, I have NEVER had these numbers in the past 9 months, though I felt a little bloated last night. take a look at last nights readings.

You know, it's really nice when a plan works out! Thanks for the feedback, and keep up the good work.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you are talking about the bar and the Aircurve cutting off before you are done inhaling, I had the same thing. IMHO it's not the T1 time but the T2 time. T1 sets the minimum that the Aircurve wants you inhale to last. The Aircurve T2 is the upper limit and if you try to inhale longer than that the machine drops the pressure to try and get you to stop inhaling.

My T2 was raised to 3.2 and that was much better, but I still found myself waking during the night with the same feeling (kind of like someone was putting their hand over my nose right at the end of my inhale). I bumped my T2 up to 3.4 and at last good seeping with VPAP.

I figured this out by putting the mask on with machine running. Getting a good breathing pattern going and then looking at the bar. Every breath I would see the bar retract right before the end of my inhale. I also looked at the plots of when I was asleep and measured the time for my inhale, I inhale slowly, more so when I am asleep.

Insp. TimeTime taken to breathe in (Seconds)
W-Avg: 1.48 0.00 1.48 1.82 3.40
Exp. TimeTime taken to breathe out (Seconds)
W-Avg: 2.07 0.02 2.06 2.60 5.86

This is from my latest sleepyhead with an AHI of 1.48
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2016, 12:35 PM)PoolQ Wrote: When you are talking about the bar and the Aircurve cutting off before you are done inhaling, I had the same thing. IMHO it's not the T1 time but the T2 time. T1 sets the minimum that the Aircurve wants you inhale to last. The Aircurve T2 is the upper limit and if you try to inhale longer than that the machine drops the pressure to try and get you to stop inhaling.

My T2 was raised to 3.2 and that was much better, but I still found myself waking during the night with the same feeling (kind of like someone was putting their hand over my nose right at the end of my inhale). I bumped my T2 up to 3.4 and at last good seeping with VPAP.

I figured this out by putting the mask on with machine running. Getting a good breathing pattern going and then looking at the bar. Every breath I would see the bar retract right before the end of my inhale. I also looked at the plots of when I was asleep and measured the time for my inhale, I inhale slowly, more so when I am asleep.

Insp. TimeTime taken to breathe in (Seconds)
W-Avg: 1.48 0.00 1.48 1.82 3.40
Exp. TimeTime taken to breathe out (Seconds)
W-Avg: 2.07 0.02 2.06 2.60 5.86

This is from my latest sleepyhead with an AHI of 1.48

yep that is my problem. When you say t2 do you mean timax?? my current setting is timax=2.3 and timin=.6. should I increae my timax number???
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep timax. if you feel like it is cutting off your inhale, then yes increase it unless your Doctor is trying to shorten your inhale. They do that sometimes with COPD, if not extend it and see when you get a full inhale.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2016, 02:22 PM)PoolQ Wrote: Yep timax. if you feel like it is cutting off your inhale, then yes increase it unless your Doctor is trying to shorten your inhale. They do that sometimes with COPD, if not extend it and see when you get a full inhale.

thanks for the input PoolQ. Do you know what the cycle does?? Mine is set to medium. What happens if this is changed to low or high??
Post Reply Post Reply
The cycle setting adjusts the machine's sensitivity to the change from inhale to exhale.

Best regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2016, 08:15 PM)ckingzzzs Wrote: when I put my trigger on medium, it appears the machines is forcing the air before I need it and forces me to inhale to quickly between breaths where with a setting to low I do not get this at all and its more comfortable. however, I have noticed that the first 11 days of use with a trigger setting to medium provided better results then when my trigger is set to low. I feel my nostrils inflate (i use nasal pillows) when trigger is set to medium and not as much when the trigger is set low

A little late to this game but... these are things you'll only perceive when you're awake. Have you tried turning on, or increasing the ramp time? Unless the medium setting is actually waking you up, the ramp time may allow you to get to sleep and have the benefit of the more effective medium setting once you're in la la land! Best of both worlds!

I just spent my first night with my AC10ASV last night. As I'd turned off the ramp time on my AirSense S10 Autoset (and S9 autoset), before even using the AirCurve, I turned off the ramp. Tonight I'm turning it back on as I do think it will help me as I'm adjusting to the more transient nature of ASV pressures.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 318 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 584 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,517 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 211 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,247 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 89 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 676 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.