Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] CPAP Software
RE: CPAP Software
Hi again Auggie Doggie, It sounds like you got a "BRICK," it would be a good idea to go back to the DME and tell them you want a data-capable machine, best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2012, 08:19 AM)Auggie Doggie Wrote:
(07-30-2012, 02:33 PM)archangle Wrote: Welcome.

The first step is to tell us what machine you have.

I am using the Res Med Escape.

Look next to the power button. It should say something like Escape, Elite, AutoSet, etc.

Where does the hose come out of the machine?

It comes out of the back part of the humidifier.
Thanks
Frank
Its the same for all S9 models. look next to stop/start button and in here it say AutoSet http://www.apneaboard.com/s9-pic1.jpg

FYI, Here is the link for the S9 information and setup video
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2012, 02:18 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi again Auggie Doggie, It sounds like you got a "BRICK,"

"BRICK" Not sure what you are saying? IS the Res Med Escape not a good CPAP machine. Should I take it back?

it would be a good idea to go back to the DME and tell them you want a data-capable machine, best of luck.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2012, 09:13 PM)Auggie Doggie Wrote: "BRICK" Not sure what you are saying? IS the Res Med Escape not a good CPAP machine. Should I take it back?
Trish is right. The S9 Escape is a basic machine, It only report compliance how many hours you,re using the machine each night and nothing else. No eficacy data AHI, leak etc... Take it back asap and exchanged with the S9 Elite or S9 AutoSet (NO S9 Escape oe S9 Escape Auto) while you can - Strike while the iron still hot. Check the setup link
FYI - Here is the S9 Specifications guide and comparison chart
http://www.resmed.com/us/products/s9_ser...nc=dealers

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2012, 09:13 PM)Auggie Doggie Wrote: "BRICK" Not sure what you are saying? IS the Res Med Escape not a good CPAP machine. Should I take it back?

Hi Auggie Doggie,

In my view, yes, you should take it back. Please re-read what was written in posts #4 and #5 about the Escape models.

Thanks,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2012, 10:19 PM)vsheline Wrote:

Hi Auggie Doggie,

In my view, yes, you should take it back. Please re-read what was written in posts #4 and #5 about the Escape models.

Thanks,
--- Vaughn
What do I tell the owner of the store, why I want to exchange after a month of use. I am not up on my terminology with the cpap machine.
Not sure if they will do an exchange. What should I say?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-01-2012, 07:12 AM)Auggie Doggie Wrote:

Hi Auggie Doggie,

Thanks,
--- Vaughn
What do I tell the owner of the store, why I want to exchange after a month of use. I am not up on my terminology with the cpap machine.

Auggie,

Get your Doctor involved to assist you in your quest if you need to. You need to advocate for your own health. Having a data capable xPAP machine will assist both you and your doctor in assuring that your sleep apnea is being controlled.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-01-2012, 07:12 AM)Auggie Doggie Wrote:

Hi Auggie Doggie,

Thanks,
--- Vaughn

Simple. Tell them you believe in taking an active role in your healthcare and you need a machine that provides you with the data you need to participate in your health care.
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again AuggieDoggie, The slang term in these circles for a basic machine that doesn't show you much data is referred to as a "Brick." If you are able to exchange your machine, you want a data-capable machine. Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
(08-01-2012, 03:37 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi again AuggieDoggie, The slang term in these circles for a basic machine that doesn't show you much data is referred to as a "Brick." If you are able to exchange your machine, you want a data-capable machine. Best of luck.

Just wanted to given everyone an update:
Last week I contacted my primary care physician to see if I could upgrade my CPAP machine. I also called my insurance company. My doctor was a little reluctant to write another script, however after talking to my insurance company we found out my DME was not in network. The DME should have told me when I went to pick up the CPAP. So I had to find another DME, which I did, less than 2 miles from my house. This DME only carries the Res Med S9 Elite. My doc wouldn't write the script for the AutoSet. The DME was as nice as could be, she suggested the nasal pillows. I am pretty excited that I have this new DME and the Elite and nasal pillows. I returned my Brick (Escape) and was able to get my money back that I spent out of pocket. Thanks everyone for all your help. The set up I had with the hasn't been cutting it at all, Hopefully tonight will be different.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,125 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 382 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 342 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Lowenstein Software shawsg 2 586 09-27-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: shawsg
  AirSense 11 Stopped Transmitting ?Related to Software Update? YankeeLaker 57 7,082 08-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jijididit
  Lumis 100 and correct software for reading a sleep data?? doognibor 3 644 08-08-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Dire
  AirSense 11 water / humidity / software incident rpierce 5 1,198 07-31-2023, 08:53 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.